Chapter 34

After classes were finished, we headed towards the hall for some dinner. I sat down besides everyone while they chatted away about everything and anything.

I saw my brother and his friends at the griffindor table.

"Sorry guys, I'll be back in a minute. I just need to speak to my brother,"

I stood up and walked over to them

"Hey," I said while I sat down

"Y/n. How are you?" Harry said

"I'm good, thanks. I've got some information for you. " I looked around to see if anyone was listening or watching

"The snake is a horcrux," I whispered

Everyone was happy that I got the gossip but also stressed about how they were going to destroy a snake.

"That really helps. Thanks, y/n. We have some information too. We found out that we had already destroyed a horcrux back in the second year. It was Tom Riddles' diary. Dumbledore has already got two more, " Hermione whispered

"Which means we just need to find out the remaining two," Ron said, defeated

The table went silent until

I took a deep breath in and out. "I'm just going to come out with it. If you need me to find out more information, I'll have to officially get close to Mattheo."

"Meaning?" Harry frowned

"I'll have to go to the dark side,"

"Absolutely not," Hermione harsher whispered

"It's the only way they are going to trust me. Think about it. If I give them information about the order then they will start to tell me stuff. I'll work alongside Snape"

"I don't like this," Ron said, nervous

"I'll speak to Sirus, but I've got a feeling he won't like it," Harry said

I gave him a hug.

"Try and make him see that we have started to get really close. It's a shame to get this far and not get a result from it. "

I stood up

"Love you," and off I went back to the slytherin table

The whole table looked at me as I sat down.

"Is everything OK?" Theo asked

"Yep, everything is fine. I just haven't caught up with Harry in such a long time." I gave a little smile afterwards.

We carried on eating our dinner. When we were interrupted by owls dropping all different envelopes on the table.

Pansy squealed so loudly that I'm sure only werewolves could hear.

"What's going on?" Draco said, pulling a face

"OH MY MERLIN!! THE YULE BALL IS NEXT WEEK, " Pansy shouted

Everyone was smiling.

I frowned and looked at everyone. "What's a yule ball?"

Their heads whipped to me with the sudden realisation.

"I forget that you only started coming at the start of the year," Blaise said

"The yule ball is basically a big party where you can go with a date and dress up. But the after-party in slytherin is the place to be. It's the party of the year, " Enzo said, all excited.

I had a big smile on my face. The thought of dressing up and having fun before our world turns upside down will be a great core memory.

"So what do we do?"

"Basically, we go shopping for dresses and hopefully get a romantic invitation from a boy. Then we get drunk or high, " Pansy said, practically jumping up and down

I laughed at her reaction. This must be so important for the students here. I've not seen them get so excited.

"But what if a boy doesn't ask you?" I said, looking just at her

A few scoffs and light laughs around the table as they hear what you just said.

Pansy gave me a look "Really bitch you think that nobody in this school won't ask you out? You're fucking hot. There will be a que"

"If not, there's always Cormac," Theo blurted out

The whole table laughed part from Mattheo, who gave Theo a dirty look.

"Come on, let's go back," Draco said

We all stood up and made our way back to the common room.

We all sat down in our favourite place on the sofas by the big fire. The boys started talking about past yule parties, and they sounded wild.

I looked over at Mattheo, who then shifted his eyes in the direction of the boys' dorms. I bit my lip before saying

"I'm just going to the astronomy tower for a smoke. Be back soon." I gave a quick wink to Mattheo before leaving through the door.

As I was walking down the hallway, I heard running footsteps behind me. I slowed down ever so slightly.

"You like defining me, don't you, princess?"

I couldn't help but give a smirk. I love winding him up.

"I don't know what you mean, Riddle. I just wanted to look at the stars." I said, trying not to sound too overconfident, but I was failing miserably.

"You'll be seeing more than the stars in the sky if you carry on."

"Is that a threat?" I said, looking up at him with my big puppy eyes

"No princess, that's a promise."

"Don't threaten me with a good time,"

We got to the tower, and I sat down by the railings, letting my legs dangle down as I rested my arms on the bars.

"Y/n." He said it just loud enough that I could hear him

"Mattheo"

He took a deep breath. "Have you ever thought about us?"

I frowned at him. I didn't realise that this was also playing on his mind. I looked out over to the view before I continued.

"Like friends?"

"No." He took another deep breath."As like us being official?"

"Like girlfriend and boyfriend?"

"Yeah."

I'm not going to lie to him. Well, I'm just not going to tell him the whole truth.

"Yes, I have. A lot, actually. That's why I needed to talk to Harry. I spoke to him about how I started to get feelings for you."

It went silent. Shit. I overdid it. I looked towards him. He was staring straight towards me with his big brown eyes. A small smile escaped his face.

"Y/n. Will you be my girlfriend?"

1027 words