Chapter 31

The sunlight warmed my face so early in the morning. I stretched and got out of bed to open the curtains.

Finally, spring is here. The grass always looks greener, and the flowers are beginning to bloom.

I turned around to see Pansy still fast asleep. I run and jump on her bed, causing her to go up and down.

"Wake up pans, I want to do something today," I said louder while jumping up and down

"You do realise is a school day y/n?" She said in a mubbled tone

I signed. Then I thought about it.

"I didn't realise I was with a goody too shoes who wouldn't skip class with their bestie."

She suddenly sat up from her bed.

"What did you just call me?" She said in a jokey tone

"Just that you won't skip class with me because you're too scared," I said in a sarcastic tone

She pulled me down in the bed and said

"Don't ever think I don't want to spend a day with you,"

She was doing that while tickling me, causing me to laugh loudly

"Right come on, then let get ready,"

I stood up and looked at my wardrobe. I pulled out a white tank top with a green checked shirt and some black jeans. I lightly curled my hair.

"Right, are we ready to sneak out?" Pansy said, all excited

"Let's go,"

We were looking around corners and checking every inch of the halls for any sounds or noises.

"Nearly out of here," Pansy said quietly while we made our way towards the clocktower courtyard

"And where do you think you're going?" A deep voice came from behind us. We shut our eyes and scrunched our faces. Fuck.

I turned around to my surprise. I saw the boys. Theo, Draco, Blaise, Enzo, and Mattheo.

I let out a huge breath of relief and hit Pansy to tell her to turn around.

"Oh thank fuck it's you guys" She said

"Yeah but you still haven't answered my question" Theo said with his raised eyebrows

"Were going to get drunk in hogsmeade if you want to come?" I said while I titled my head.

The boys all looked at each other and nodded.

"Come on then before someone sees us." We ran out of the gates and headed down that winding road to hogsmeade.

Not that I was actively avoiding Mattheo and Enzo, but I hadn't spoken to them since that night a few days ago.

"Morning" a husky voice whispered in my ear. I turned my head to see it was Mattheo.

"Morning," I said with a smile

"How's your legs?" He said with a wicked smirk

My eyes went wide, and I looked around to see if anyone heard him.

I hit him across the arm playfully. "You can't be saying stuff like that around our friends,"

"Y/n. You have just slept with Enzo and myself the other night. It's going to come out sooner than you thought. "

I looked at him and frowned. "What you mean?"

"I mean, we play a lot of games like truth or dare. It's just a matter of time, " He said with a wink

I gave half a smile. I don't mind our little friendship group knowing, but the thought of my brother finding out sends a nasty taste in my mouth.

We finally made it to the three broomsticks where we all sat in a booth. Of course, I ended up sitting in between Enzo and Mattheo.

"Seven butter beers?" Draco said, pointing at everyone

Everyone nodded or responded in one way or another.

"Do you need a hand, Dray?" I said

"Dray?" He frowned at me "No I'm ok, thanks."

Everyone was talking amongst themselves. I overheard a conversation that Theo and Mattheo were having.

"There's a meeting tonight. Apparently, the golden trio is hunting the horcruxes. They've already destroyed the diary. They have also got the ring and necklace." Theo whispered to Mattheo

"Not here, Theo. We have company. " Mattheo snapped back at him, but my back was facing them, so they didn't think I heard.

After a few rounds, everyone was starting to get a little tipsy.

"OK, now it's definitely my turn to get some drinks in," I said

I looked towards Mattheo, who didn't move out of the way. I rolled my eyes and started to climb around him. I started to scoot around the table but tripping over his feet, causing me to sit on his lap.

A few wolf whistles appeared from the group, and I just rolled my eyes at them.

Mattheo then took this opportunity to whisper in my ear

"If you're desperate for more, you could've just asked,"

I shook my head but bit my lip to try and stop me from smiling.

I made it to the bar and asked the bartender what strong drinks they were willing to sell me. She smiled and offered a fire whisky, which sounded too perfect to turn down.

I appeared at the table with seven double shots of fire whisky.

"I want to make a toast" while handing out the drinks. I put mine in the air, and everyone followed, "No matter what happens in the future, we always remember the good times"

Everyone gave a half-hearted smile before we touched our glasses together. We all knew at some point that it would be me against them, but I now see them as my little dysfunctional family. It's going to be hard for everyone around this table when the time comes.

We all took a slip. Good lord, there's a reason why this is called fire whisky it felt like my throat was breathing fire.

After we finished our drinks, we stumbled back to the castle. Everyone said that they were going to bed early, but I know the true reason, so I took this opportunity to find Harry.

991 words