Friends From Two Worlds - Chapter 17

We ended up at diner downtown, it was 1950's themed, full on retro americana. Funnily enough, I had actually been to this place a few times with Pinkie Pie ageas ago when she used to be a waitress here, so I already knew that I wanted their specialty double cheeseburger, with an apple pie for desert of course.

"Come on, there's a free booth round here." I say, leading the way through the familiar place. I felt much more comfortable already now that I was out of the bowling place. Thank goodness Rainbow suggested we go somewhere else, I don't know what I would've done if we stayed at that awful place. . .I don't know what Dash would've done if we stayed at that place. . . 

We take our seats at the booth, Rainbow sitting beside me, the others opposite us. Menus were already on the table so the others begin look through them as we chat, I already knew what I was getting so I keep my menu on the table.

"This is a nice spot you've found Applejack!" Twi says.

"Yeah, this is the place Pinkie used to work at, remember?" I reply.

"Oh yeah, right, that was ages ago. I only came a couple times, never had much free time on my hands being so busy with extracurricular clubs and all." Twi says, a genuine grin on her face.

Rainbow notices me not looking at my menu, "Already know what you want"

"Double cheeseburger, it's delicious."

"You know what. . ." Rainbow remarks, folding her menu and putting it down, "I'll have the same."

"Yeah?"

"Hey, if you say it's delicious, I believe you. Plus, you clearly have fantastic taste, especially when it comes to eating. . ." Dash says, referring to pleasures of the previous night. The corners of her mouth widen into a simper as her head tilts towards me. She spoke a little too loudly for my liking as Sunset and Twilight responded to the comment, Sunset with an amused snort and Twilight saying,

"Rainbow Dash! Not so loud!"

"Better get used to it babe, their insufferable flirting is unfortunately a regular habit of theirs."

Twilight freezes suddenly halfway through a playful eye-roll, as she notices a word Sunset used.

"Babe?"

"Huh?" Sunset says, knowing exactly what she was doing despite playing innocent with the girl next to her.

"You just called me 'babe', just then." Twilight says, hiding a slight smile.

After a few seconds Sunset, ever so slightly, leans in closer to Twilight's now blushing face.

"I don't know what you're talking about. . ." In a flash, she eyes Twilight up and down, both of them now attempting to hide a grin. They hold eye contact for a moment before Twilight quickly clears her throat and buries her head back into her menu. You could almost see her heart beating out of her chest.

Dash and I look at them, proudly immersed in their teasing. As if we were two mother hens watching our chicks grow.

"And you think our flirting is insufferable. . ." I say to sunset in a quiet breathy laugh, quiet enough so only she would be able to hear me, something Rainbow didn't seem to know how to do. Despite the fact that she maybe shouldn't have made her comment at such a loud volume, I did find her lack of awareness attractive, as if she was living in her own world and wanted me to be a part of it, as if it were only her and I in the room. Of course the context of the comment was much appreciated as well.

Sunset replies by, unbeknownst to Twi, putting a finger to her mouth and shushing, a smirk under her finger that draws a scoff from me. 

A waiter approaches our table.