c6. Memories And Mixed Feelings

"So, Big Mac. . .would that be okay? . ."

I froze in anticipation as AJ waited for her brother's reply.

"Really! I appreciate it Mac, I really mean it! I'll be sure to cover my losses as soon as I get back!" AJ says with a beaming smile as she motions a thumbs up in mine and Flutters' direction.

"Yes!" I say a little too loudly in response, as it was meant with a non-verbal 'shush' by AJ.

"Alright then, I'll speak to you later Mac! Say hi to Applebloom and Granny Smith for me!" AJ lastly says before she hangs up the phone. "Looks like I'll be staying then! Are you sure it's not asking too much of you and Sunset, Dash?"

"Are you kidding? Don't be silly AJ, I'm so happy you're staying!" My voice was still slightly raised in excitement. Maybe a little too raised, as yet another groan was heard by the three of us, this time coming from the couch.

"What time is it?" A sleepy Sunset slurs, sprawled out on the sofa, mid-yawn. (sibilance for those doing English lit exams 😌)

All 3 of our heads turn to the couch. "Morning Sunset," I say while Sunset slowly raises herself from her slumped position, yawning once more, she notices a hungover Fluttershy standing next to me.

"Hey Fluttershy. I'm glad to see you're ok." Sunset says as she gets up from the sofa, whipping the throw that was over her onto the floor.

"I am! Thanks for last night!" Fluttershy leans in closer to my ear and says in a whisper, "Do I look as bad as she does?" I let out a snigger, and so did AJ as she must have heard Fluttershy's comment.

"No, you look fine," I whispered back as Sunset walked over to the three of us, heading for the fridge.

"Yeah, last night was a blast. Thanks for helping us get home and everything Applejack, I owe you one." Sunset says giving AJ a playful nudge.

"Ah, don't mention it. I'm surprised you remember, you were pretty beat."

"Oh, she'll have remembered everything, trust me. Sunset always does." I note to AJ knowing of Sunset's way with memory. I have no clue why, but she never seems to forget anything or anyone, she's been like that as long as I've known her. Even drunk, she'd remember everything. I think it overwhelms her slightly, causing her to do less with her time to balance out her busy brain. She reaches for an egg from the side of the fridge.

"God, should I be worried?" Fluttershy jokes with Sunset.

"Hey Sunset, we were all thinking of going to grab something to eat, wanna come with?" I ask as Sunset cracks the raw egg into one of the empty glasses on the island, her usual hangover cure that seems to work every time.

"Sure. Where were you thinking?"

"What in tarnation are you doing Sunset?" AJ says, laughing while looking at Sunset cracking the egg into the glass and drinking it raw.

"Getting myself back to normal," Sunset says swallowing her mixture.

AJ shoots me a look of weirded-out concern, smiling as she does so. I give her an amused look back that says 'Just go with it', me being used to Sunset's somewhat solipsistic stance on life. (this is getting ridiculous isn't it. . .)

----------------------------------------------------------

Applejack's POV

We arrived at the brunch place. It looked more like a diner to me, but Rainbow chose it so I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to go somewhere that had more of a sporty feel to it. Rarity and Pinkie were already sitting down on the sofa side of the table, Pinkie waving us over excitedly.