c7. The Arm-Wrestle

We stayed at brunch for a couple more hours. We then ended up at Rarity's boutique as she wanted to show us a new collection she was working on. I'm not one for anything too fancy and fru fru, but even I can't deny that the collection was alluring. All the garments were beautifully bedazzled, lacey and bowed embellishments making the collection much like Rarity's own style, or in her words, 'boho-chic'. Rainbow, however, seemed uninterested in Rarity's endeavours, as usual.

Rarity always told me that the reason she and Rainbow never got along too well was because she was jealous, I'm not too sure what she ever meant by that though. Rarity used to have a crush on me back in high school, but she got over that ages ago, we're just friends now. I guess Rainbow wouldn't know that she doesn't like me in that way anymore, she mustn't if she's 'flirting' with me as the others made sure to point out many times throughout our trip to the boutique.

Soon after our trip, Fluttershy told us that she had to leave, due to a previously planned date with Discord. Pinkie also had to depart soon after because she had to catch up on organising an event for another client of hers. The absence of both Flutters and Pinkie prompted Rainbow and Sunset to suggest that the rest of us should head back to their place. We all thought it was a swell idea so Sunset, Dash, Rarity and I headed back home to chill out. I think it also had something to do with Sunset's lack of energy, her hangover cure clearly not having worked, as the afternoon drew into an early evening.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Want some Oreos?" Rainbow shouted out to us. Sunset and Rarity replied in favour.

"Do you have any fruit as well? I'd love to cleanse my palate." Rarity adds.

"Nah sorry. We hardly ever have fruit." Rainbow replies, pulling out, not one, but 4 packs of double-stuff Oreos.

"No worries darling." Rarity says, not too disappointed by the Oreos anyway.

"You have 4 packs of Oreos and no fruit? I thought you were an athlete?" I say to Rainbow, poking fun at her unusually unhealthy eating habits for being a sportswoman.

"I am, I just don't like dieting so much. My coach doesn't have to know." Rainbow walks over to the sofa where we are all sitting, taking two of the four packs with her and sitting next to us on the opposite couch, next to Rarity, propping her feet up on the table and turning on the TV. Everyone knows that Rainbow doesn't often listen to anyone's advice, even if she knows it would benefit her, but her dream was always to be an athlete, surely if she was to listen to anyone, it'd be her coach.

"No wonder I'm stronger than you when you eat like a 7-year-old," I say to Rainbow in jest. Rainbow sits up, clearly phased by my comment.

"What? Do you not like Oreos? Don't eat them then." Rainbow sinks back into her previous position before sitting back up abruptly. "Wait, what did you say?"

"I said you eat like a 7-year-old."

"No, no, no, the other thing. You think you're stronger than me?" Rainbow's eyebrows turn inwards, a cheeky grin plastered across her face.

"Oh great, here we go again. Seems like you two haven't changed." Sunset remarks, eating one of the Oreos while watching TV.

"Well yeah." I point at myself, drawing Rainbow's eyes to my physique. I know for a fact that, though Rainbow is fast and athletic in her own right, I've still always been stronger than her. Sure, the girl's strong, but I'm farm-strong. Very different. Rainbow's eyes widen as if I've said the most shocking thing in the world to her.

"You're kidding, right?" Rainbow says with a scoff. Surely she knows I'm stronger. She's the one who must be kidding, not me. She immediately wipes the book that was previously on the table right off, causing it to fall onto the floor as she slams her elbow on top of the table, almost leaning over Sunset as she does so. She then looks me dead in the eyes as she says, "Try me." The other girls' eyes are now on us instead of the TV. We wait in this position for a second before Rainbow's impatience kicks in, "Come on then."