Rainbow Strikes Out - Chapter 16

"I love you too Dash." I say to her.

A sudden crash is heard on the floor below the couch, causing Dash and I to jolt in fright, our grasp disconnecting.

"What the fuck was that?" Dash says in shock.

A loud groan is heard from the floor. Like the hens we have at the farm, at Dash and Sunset's the groan is my sign that the day has begun. A morning wake-up call.

"Ouch. . ." Is mumbled from the couch.

Sunset stands up, unsurprisingly sleepy, rubbing the back of her head having just fallen off of the couch, explaining the noise.

Dash and I giggle at Sunset's unusual means of waking up.

"Morning Sunset." I say in a laugh.

"Hey you guys." Sunset replies before she looks at the couch and spots a snoozing Twilight Sparkle, previously sleeping right on top of Sunset and unknowingly falling into a cuddle with her that lasted all night. Sunset smiles at her sleeping beauty, realising the sleeping position she had been in for the past 6 hours or so. "Now that's a sight I could get used to waking up to."

Dash turns her head to look back at me, catching my eyes as we both telepathically replay Sunset's words back to one another. 

Sunset walks over to us as I return to my pancake batter which I had abandoned.

"How did you sleep Shimmer?" Dash asks.

"Like I was in the arms of an angel." she says, lovestruck.

"Damn Sunset, when did you get all poetic-like." I say, preparing the pan on the hob.

"Love works in mysterious magical ways Applejack, though I'm sure you two know all about that. . ." Sunset lifts her eyebrows at me, hinting at Dash and I's trip down love lane last night.

"Oh shit, you didn't hear anything did you?" Dash says, drawing a laugh from Sunset.

"I checked out right after you guys escaped to the bedroom. Everyone else was already asleep so I think you're good."

I spoon out a glob of the mixture into the pan, causing a soft sizzle as the batter hits the butter.

"Where are the others?" Sunset asks, pulling her phone out of the pocket of her black cargo pants which she fell asleep in from the night before.

"Rarity left not too long ago. I don't know where Pinkie and Flutters are at though." I say.

Sunset reads out a message from her phone, "'Hey guys, last night was so fun! Pinkie and I left super early as we both had work. Meetup again sometime this week?' Ohh okay, they left early."

"Ah, I thought as much." I reply, letting the first pancake slide off of the pan and into my prepared plate.

"What so it's just us three and Twi?" Dash says.

"Holy shit, you know what we should do, we should go on a double date." Sunset looks excited, as if she'd thought of the greatest idea in the world, a eureka moment.

Both Dash and I look up at each other, then at Sunset.

"A double date?" dash says, unconvinced.

"Hate to break it to ya hun, but you and Twilight ain't dating just yet. . ." I point out as I scoop another glob of bater into the pan.

"We don't have to be, she doesn't have to know it's a date or anything. We can just go out altogether."

We think in a small silence. A date would be nice, but I don't know how to feel about Sunset not telling Twilight the full truth. On the other hand, it would be nice to take Rainbow out, now that we're. . .dating I guess? We haven't really had that conversation yet, although in Dash's mind, it's probably a conversation she doesn't think is even needed. I think, personally, it would be nice to have the confirmation. If we did go on a date, that would probably be the best time to ask Dash, so maybe Sunset's idea isn't so bad.