Back To CHS - Chapter 8

I woke up at about 6am, earlier than I usually would. Dash and Sunset seemed as though they were fast asleep so I decided to get up, get dressed into my denim mini skirt and green long-sleeve shirt and head to the coffee shop next to the apartment building to grab myself a morning brew and a pastry. I didn't sleep much last night as I had a lot on my mind. Also Dash's inability to get comfortable and shuffling around all night wasn't helping much either.

First of all, why did Dash seem so insistent for me to sleep in the same bed with her? When we were in high school, we used to have weekly sleepovers at Pinkie's place and I always slept either on the floor propped up by a few pillows or on the couch, so Dash knew I'd be fine sleeping on the floor if I had to. 

Secondly, if Dash was flirting with me, why doesn't she just tell me that she likes me in that way if that's how she feels? Why was she messing around? I know Dash to be a very forward person, not one to shy away from deep conversations or letting people know how she feels. Was she trying to see if I liked her back or something? It was as if she was challenging not only me, but herself and the way she feels about me. Or maybe this is just the way she is now, unintentionally making people confused, leading people on without even knowing what she's doing.

Or maybe I'm just bored waiting in the line for the till and I'm thinking a bit too much into it. . .

"Hey, what can I get for you?" The girl at the till says.

"I'll just get a flat white and a danish please." I say as the girl taps my order in on the tablet in front of her.

"Anything else?"

I think for a moment. Maybe I should get one for Dash as well, to thank her for her hospitality. Nothing more. "Actually, can I get another danish?"

"Sure, is that all?"

"Oh and another one as well, if I may." I almost forgot to get one for Sunset. I wouldn't want it to seem as though I'm picking favourites.

"Of course, anything else for you?"

"No, that's everything." I pay for the coffee and the treats and head back up to the apartment. I decide not to touch my pastry until I reach Dash and Sunset's, just so Dash and I. . .Sunset, Dash and I. . .can eat them altogether. 

I reach the door and open it with the spare keys that Dash gave me the night before.

"There you are! I was getting worried, thought you went back to Sweet Apple Acres or something!" Dash says, surprisingly chipper considering she'd obviously just woken up judging by her messy hair and her pjs still being on.

"Nope, just went to grab some breakfast."

"Ooh yummy!" Dash walks over to me, grabbing the brown paper bag out of my hand.

"Why would you think I went back to Apple Acres?"

"I dunno. You seemed as though you were awake all night, thought that you might have been rethinking your decision to stay in Canterlot for a bit." Dash says, opening the bag and pulling out the contents. "Ooh danishes!" Dash seemingly ignores her last comment an after a second of processing what she just said, so do I.

"Uh. . .yeah, there's one for you in there."

"Aww you got one for me, how thoughtful of you." Dash says the last part of her sentence with a typical Rainbow Dash smirk as she takes a seat on the stool at the island.

"Is Sunset up? There's one for her in there too."

"Nope. Sunset won't get up for another few hours knowing her." Dash immediately takes out her danish and starts to eat it. "You got one for her too huh? And here's me thinking I was special." Dash jokes with her mouth full. Her lack of table manners made me laugh, it was something we both weirdly had in common.