Chapter 26 : Unforeseen

"Hi. Crybaby-kun."

Politely greeted a very unfamiliar person as Hanagaki scanned them with obvious eye movements.

'Tall...with dark brown hair..and deep brown eyes..with a neck tattoo and glasses..' He mentally noted the said person's features; pondering on it for a couple of seconds. After a good while, he gave up. He failed to recognise this person. Right then, the latter leaned in to catch the lost man's attention.

"Hanagaki-kun?" The man was pulled out of his world as he stuttered, "Y-yeah." while making the other one squint their eyes at him.

"U-um I gotta go somewhere right now, let's catch up later." Takemitchi stuttered out, hesitantly slipping off from there.

"I know where you have to go. Let me take you there. I'm going there as well." The man responded as he held his arm from behind. Takemitchi looked back at him, anxiously contemplating about whether he should trust this guy or not.

'Should I go with this man..? For all I know it could be detrimental for me if it's an important thing and I refuse to it..Or should I refuse and look for Naoto..?' He was in a quandary as he swiftly pulled out his phone from his suit. Unlocking it with his fingerprint, he scrolled through his contacts but to no avail he could find Naoto's number.

Finally giving up, he let out a tensed sigh. "Okay. I'll go with you." The man smiled in return as he started leading him to his car.

'A Lexus Ls!?' Hanagaki stood amazed by the luxurious sedan that shone before him. The unknown man let out a chuckle as he noticed his surprised expression. Hanagaki glanced at him, embarrassed by his gawking.

"Well, come on." The man said as he swiftly pulled out his key; its long rectangular keyring bounced as he unlocked the door with it and sat inside. Hanagaki noticed this and quickly went over to the passenger's seat and sat inside.

'I wonder who this man is...' Hanagaki pondered anxiously as he let himself be driven to who-knows-where by the unknown man who had claimed to know him.

-

The Lexus LS drove swiftly and smoothly through the roads, as if it was a cube of butter on the pan. The drive remained silent for a couple of minutes as the only sound that rang through the space was of the air hitting against the half opened windows. Hanagaki broke the silence as he anxiously questioned the unknown man, "Where is it that you're taking me..? I know it sounds stupid but I just forgot-"

"Do you know crybaby-kun..how...Chifuyu-kun adored you so much..?" the man spoke, completely disregarding Hanagaki's question. Hanagaki looked at him, his face serious and eyes focused on the road, giving away no emotions.

"Yeah... he was my best partner," Hanagaki responded, a smile forming on his face as he recalled the image of his beloved partner.

"And Draken-kun... whom you saved," the man reminisced, causing Hanagaki's mouth to slightly curl up as he replied, "Yeah..."

"Hakkai... whom you helped change," the man continued, maintaining his steady tone.

"Yeah..." Hanagaki acknowledged.

"Kazutora...whom you saved and kept updated," the man listed.

"Yeah..." Hanagaki's responses remained consistent.

"Mitsuya...who saw you as a hope," the man added.

"Yeah..." Hanagaki replied, his voice filled with a mix of pride and gratitude.

"You must want to see them all right now,"

The man's tone shifted, and he abruptly pulled the car over to a secluded area. Finally, he met eyes with Hanagaki. And immediately, his expression darkened.