16: The Beacon Part 3

A/N: I've figured out that I'm better at writing in 3rd person, so should I write in that from now on or continue 1st person? (If you don't know my third person very well, my first hazbin hotel/helluva boss story is completely in 3rd pov)

Athena POV

I gape as she lets the door slam shut. Did she really just..that fucking prick!

I grit my teeth and watch as the spiders get closer. It only takes a few seconds for them to be upon me. I begin kicking at them, forcing them away from me withy magic. They begin overwhelming me and push past the black mist holding them.

"N-no. Get away!" I shout as they get closer but it falls to deaf ears, "Shit!" I pull them off as they start climbing on my body. I look over and their numbers seem endless. Fear pricks at me and I shake my leg, jarring a couple off. A tear falls as I fall to the floor, letting them engulf me.

_______________/⁠ᐠ⁠。⁠ꞈ⁠。⁠ᐟ⁠\________________

Third POV

The girls run into a new hallway, panting, as the lights shut off one by one. Spiders peer from the darkness and screech. She-Ra and Catra look at each other and cry out in alarm as they bolt in the opposite direction

Catra looks around frantically, "What's going on? Why are those things trying to kill us? Where's Athena!?"

She-Ra ignores the Athena question, "They're trying to kill you. This place sees you as an invader."

"Well, can't you tell them to stop?" Catra asks and frowns, not seeing her girlfriend anywhere.

She-Ra looks at her frustrated, "No, I can't tell them to stop! Clearly nothing in here is listening to me!" They run around a corner to a dead-end, She-Ra slides to a stop as the spiders round the corner.

Catra glances back as they run, "Where is Athena!?" She stops as they get to a blocked area, "Adora?"

"Stand back!"

Grunting, She-Ra slices the wall and ceiling, causing shards of the ceiling to rain down on the spiders as they screech. She grunts as she pulls Catra close and quickly transforms the sword into a shield to protect them overhead from the rubble as it falls. She-ra changes back.

"You shouldn't be here, Catra. Those things aren't going to stop until they get you, and as long as I'm protecting you, they'll see me as a threat, too." Adora says.

Catra glances over annoyed, "Uh, good thing I didn't ask you to protect me."

"Wait, you know, what-- Okay. Why are you here, anyway? I mean, how did you even find this place?"

"It sent up a beam of light a mile high. It wasn't hard." She replies and sighs, tired and wishing that she could cuddle Athena instead of deal with this.

" ...Does Shadow Weaver know you're here?" Adora asks.

"I'd say Shadow Weaver's got bigger problems right now." She pauses, then looks at adora distrustfully, "Why are you looking at me like that? Wait. Nooo... I know what this is about. Ugh, I knew you'd be weird about me letting you escape!" Rubble falls from the wall and a slash forms. They step back as a circle shaped peice of wall falls through. A figure steps forward. It looks at Catra and rushes forward, immediately collapsing in her arms

Catra gasps and holds Athena tightly, "I found you, kitty." Athena sniffles, "You're here."

Catra smiles softly, making and expression Adora has never seen before, "That's right, baby, I'm here." She takes Athenas face in her hands suddenly. Catra looks over her and takes in the numerous cuts amd bruises covering her body. "Where'd you go? What happened!?"