10: In the Shadows of Mystacor

Athena POV

During the journey back to the Fright Zone, Catra had passed out once more. She has a pretty nasty gash on her head from hitting a rock during her fall. I don't think Mermista got what she deserves for hurting Kitty, but there's nothing I can do right now. Scorpia had tried to carry her but I didn't allow it. Scorpia knows she didn't have to listen to my order but I guess she could tell how worried I was.

Now, Catra's currently in the dorms. I don't trust much of anyone so I decided that I'd take care of her myself. She's been asleep for close to two days now. I'm starting to get worried again but Hordak is getting restless. Adora was a huge asset and now that she's gone, I've had to step up and take her place. Hordak told me earlier today that he gained information that Adora and her friends have gone to Mystacor. He ordered me to go and find a way to bring her back.
Which is the reason I'm now standing on the roof of the place I despise most.

I pace around for a moment before sitting. I'm worried out of my mind. I left Catra for this so Hordak better give me something in return. Leaves rustle in the trees above me. A figure drops down and stalks towards me.

"Do you have it?" I ask and she nods. She holds out a small parcel and hands it to me. Inside is a smaller pouch along with a sliver of paper. I nod to her in confirmation and she turns to go, "Wait!"

"Yes?" She asks as she turns back.

"I'm.. sorry.. about your father," I say and lol away, "I was young. I didn't know what my actions would cause later in life. And I'm sorry for rubbing it in your face. I can't say much myself as I have no blood family left." I lower my head and look up when I feel arms around me.

"It's okay," Anoshi says. She lets go and smiles, "He was abusive so you actually did me a favor."

"I guess that makes it better then, heh," I say and step back, "I owe you. If you need a place, come find me."

"I know," Anoshi smiles again, her blindfold scrunching slightly, "I'll see you in two weeks with more info." I nod once more and she runs before leaping into the trees. I fall back into the hard surface and sigh deeply.

_______________/⁠ᐠ⁠。⁠ꞈ⁠。⁠ᐟ⁠\________________

Bow, Glimmer and Adora hike to the edge of a cliff, "We're here!"

"We're on a cliff, overlooking a thousand foot drop." Adora remarks and I chuckle slightly. I've been following them stealthily as a smaller cat for the past few hours during their hike.

"Yes we are, but not for long." Glimmer says and her and Bow exclaim as they leap to another mountain.

Glimmer and Bow: Woo-hoo!

"Uh, guys?"

"C'mon Adora, jump!" Bow yells.

Adora grunts then gasps as she jumps. I wait a couple seconds then jump after. A  shadow follows the group and Adora spies it and falls. I follow the shadow with my eyes and watch as it disappears. I clench my teeth when I feel traces of someone's magic.

"Oh, ouch. You okay?" Bow asks and helps Adora up.

"I'm fine. I thought I saw--" Adora stops and sighs, "I'm just stressed."

They ride forward on the mountain. Adora looks back as the shadow snakes around the rock behind them. Soon after, they reach a castle perched on top of a steep cliff and Glimmer laughs.