15 : The Beacon Part 2

neongalaxydirewolf here ya go, hun

Third POV

Deep within the forest, She-Ra is determined, following her instincts in search of the beacon.  Catra faces the edge of the Whispering Woods in the moonlight, sensing something.  She grunts resolutely and enters the woods with Athena following behind her. She-Ra makes her way, one way, then another.

Catra studies her tracker pad, but the display is only static and useless. She-Ra enters a clearing, with a familiar stone in the center, marked by an “X.”  In rage, she smashes it with her sword, and cries out to the night.

"Nooooo!  I’ve been walking in a straight line!  I’m trying to help!  Why are you stopping me?!" She exclaims.

Catra, lost in the woods, trips over a root.  Standing again, she throws her useless tracker pad against a tree and growls, "I should’ve known better than to trust a princess!"

"Hey, be nice," Athena says, "Entrapta did what she could."

"Why do you defend her so much!?" Catra exclaims, "She's a princess!"

"Entrapta is literally precious and she couldn't hurt a fly." She explains, "and are you jealous?"

"Of a princess? Of course not!" Catra stares but looks away with a blush. Athena looks down, pouting.

"Aww. I guess you really don't care!" She puts a hand on her head and dramatically falls back. Catra catches her and huffs.

"Okay, maybe I was a little jealous." Athena grins and does a small victory dance. Catra busts out laughing and falls to the ground. Athena stops and looks at her, frowning.

"What?" Athena asks, "Are you laughing at me?"

"Me? Laughing at you? I don't know what you're talking about." Catra replies.

"No, you were. You totally were," Athena then pounces on her, causing them to roll down a very steep hill.

"Shit! Look what you did, Athena!" Catra exclaims and Athena rolls her eyes. She huffs and wraps protective arms around Catra so Athena takes the force of the fall. Black smoke envelopes then right before they hit the ground. It disappears and Athena is standing while Catra sits.

Athena follows suit and falls to the ground. She groans and lifts her shirt slightly revealing a large gash running from her right rib to her middle abdomen. Athena sighs and flops onto the ground, she grunts, immediately regretting it.

"You okay?" Catra asks.

Athena POV

"Yeah," I answer, "Just a small cut."

"Lemme see," Catra demands and I lift my shirt once more, "Damn, that's more than just a small cut, Athena."

"It's fine, I've had worse."

"So? I don't want you dieing because it got infected," Catra says.

"Okay," I say and rip a piece of my shirt, wrapping it around my stomach, "Ow," I mutter and Catra grabs my hands.

"Let me," she says softly before slowly finishing my work. I smile and watch as she bandages my wounds. Catra looks up and we make eye contact causing her to look away quickly, smiling, "What?"

I shake my head and bring a hand to the back of her neck, pulling her into a kiss. We break a couple seconds later and she smirks.

"It's like you've completely fallen for me, baby" Catra says making me smile wider.