3: Night Light

The way back to the skiff is silent. Neither of us are able to talk about what went down. Especially when I broke down in Catra's arms. Thankfully, the skiff wasn't too damaged and still worked.

"You okay, Athena?" Catra asks after we get the skiff off the ground.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I say smiling. I'm glad she didn't freak out. I hope nothing happens anytime soon. I move around the trees in search of Adora. I couldn't care less about her but I know Catra would hate me if I left her. After a few more minutes, Catra points out a figure lying facedown I'm the dirt. It's Adora. I lower the skiff and we jump down.

Catra leans over her and starts calling her name, "Hey, Adora? Adora!"

"Catra? What happened?" She adds after coming to her senses.

"We found you lying in the ground," Catra says.

"Oh yeah, Athena left me after crashing the skiff," Adora says and I scowl

"Ah, up for debate. Come on, let's go."

Adora freaks out and looks around, "Wait. Where is it? Where'd it go?" Catra cocks her head, "Ther- There was a sword. It was right here. I tried to touch it, but it got really bright."

"Are you brain damaged? Don't be brain damaged. Oh, Shadow Weaver's gonna kill me," Catra says.

"I wouldn't allow that," I say and she smiles at me.

"I'm not brain damaged. It was here, I saw it," Adora says, scowling.

"Well, there's nothing here now. So, come on, let's go," Catra pulls her up and we head back to the Horde city.

_______________/⁠ᐠ⁠。⁠ꞈ⁠。⁠ᐟ⁠\________________

I'm lying awake as the others sleep. Catra curled up next to me before she went to sleep so I wouldn't move her. She looks pretty cute in my opinion. Probably Adora's too. I know that she likes Catra even though she doesn't know herself yet. It's quite obvious. I'm about to close my eyes when I hear someone get up. I sniff and realize that it's Adora. What is she up to? I think before getting up and following her. I see that Catra gets up as well and she follows me.

"Hey, where are you going?" Catra asks and Adora jumps.

"Back to the woods. There's something I need to figure out," she says after seeing that it's just us.

"What? You're not--" Adora covers Catra's mouth as a robot goes by. Catra continues when Adora lets go, "What is wrong with you? You've been acting weird since we got back. Are you sure you're not brain damaged?"

"Look Catra, I know I saw something out there. It's ju- I just need to get another look. It feels important somehow," she says.

"Sounds good. Let's go," I say.

"No. I don't want Catra getting in trouble on my behalf. Just cover for me okay? I'll be back before anyone knows I'm gone," she says.

"Adora! Adora!"

_______________/⁠ᐠ⁠。⁠ꞈ⁠。⁠ᐟ⁠\________________

"For the last time, where is Adora?" Shadow Weaver demands. She's been grilling Catra and I for the last hour.

"For the last time, I don't know. You think I keep her on a leash?" I say back, snarky.

"Yeah," Catra adds.

"I know you're lying. You two are close. She would never depart without telling you," she says

"Then I guess she let us down, huh?" Catra says while looking down