12: Princess Prom

Athena POV

"What is this?"

I sit on my bed with Catra beside me, holding a long piece of parchment, "All Princess Ball, Winter Wonderland? The fuck?" I turn to Catra but she just shrugs.

"The ball is a meeting for all the princesses of Etheria!" Scorpia exclaims walking up, "And a giant party! Dancing, food, fancy dresses!"

"But I'm not a princess," I say and look at the paper, disgusted, "Why did you get one?"

"They sent it to me. I'm a princess." Scorpia says and my jaw drops.

"You're a princess!?" Catra exclaims.

"Yeah, you know. The Horde crash landed in my family's kingdom. We let them stay. My family gave Hordak our runestone, the Black Garnet."

"You're a princess?" Catra repeats and i chuckle.

Scorpia, "Oh man, I thought everyone knew. I mean, it's covered in Force Captain Orientation."

"I'm beginning to think we shouldn't have skipped that," I say and nudge Catra, "Okay, so you're a princess, and you're going to a princess ball."

"Oh no. I'm not going. No. No one liked my family, even before we joined The Horde. I never really fit with the other princesses. I made them uncomfortable and they don't like that. They don't like me." I frown slightly. Scorpia's so nice and precious, who wouldn't like her!?

"And that's exactly why you have to go! How dare they pretend they're better just because you're different! How dare they abandon people just because they don't fit into their perfect little lives!" Catra exclaims. I can't really tell if she's being serious or just trying to convince Scorpia to go.

"Yeah!"

Catra begins to get angry, "How dare they take best friends and turn them into giant sword ladies who run off with people clearly inferior to you?"

"You're telling my whole life with your words." Scorpia says and I chuckle then pause.

"Wait!" I exclaim and turn to Catra, "I'm not your best friend!?"

"You're so much more than that. Why would I give you the low title of best "friend"?" She says and I nod, "Right! It's time to show those princesses a thing or two! You're going, I'm coming as your plus one and we'll make this a night no one will ever forget!"

"Wait!" I say again and she looks at me exasperated, "One, don't look at me like that or I'll make you regret it," she looks down blushes, "Second! You're going with me. No buts!"

"Super Pal Trio is going to prom!"

_______________/⁠ᐠ⁠。⁠ꞈ⁠。⁠ᐟ⁠\________________

Thankfully, Anoshi was able to steal an extra suit from Bright Moon. I hope she knows that she's never getting it back, because I really gotta say, I look amazing in it.

A high pitched whistle rips through the room. I turn around swiftly and see Catra, in her own suit, leaning against a wall. She chuckles when I look her up and down and smiles.

"Damn," I say, "You look-"

"Stunning? Beautiful? Ravishing?" She says, "I don't care what you're gonna say 'cause I'm all of them." I chuckle and move towards her, wrapping an arm around her waist. I pull her close to me and she yelps in surprise.

"I was going to say you look exquisite but I think irresistible might be a more fitting word," I whisper and her eyes widen, "You keep lookin like this and I'm not gonna be able to control myself, Kitty."