8: The Seagate Pt. 1

Third POV

Athena jerks awake and sees Catra in the same situation as before. She nudges Catra's arm and she squirms (it autocorrected to squirts 🤣😭) before slowly opening her eyes. She stares at Athena before registering that Athena was now awake.

"Sup," Athena says and plops back on the cot. She turns her head to Catra, "How'd I get here?"

"Um. I, uh, found you as a giant cat lying in the forest," Catra says

"Oh, okay," Athena says before pausing and staring at Catra, "I'm still tired... wanna go back to sleep?"

"Um sure. You do that," Catra says and starts to get up. Athena snatches her hand and stops her. Catra looks at her and Athena shakes her head while lifting her blanket, "You want me to sleep with you!? In the same bed!?"

"Yeah. It's not like we haven't done it before," she replies and pulls Catra down making her fall onto the bed.

"Hey!" Catra exclaims when Athena wraps her arms around her, pulling her close. After a bit of struggling to no avail, Catra sighs and turns around in Athena's arms. She snuggles into her body and wraps the blanket over them.

"This is not because I like you," Catra says.

"Bummer," Athena says quietly, "Cause this is because I like you." She holds Catra closer and rests her head on top of Catra's while she snuggles into Athena's neck, hiding her flustered face.

_______________/⁠ᐠ⁠。⁠ꞈ⁠。⁠ᐟ⁠\________________

Athena POV

"I want you to go to Seaworthy. Try to conquer it," Hordak says.

"Seaworthy? But why? Mermista isn't a big threat," I tell him.

"That might be but having control of the sea would be very useful for the Horde," he says, "Because of this being a big mission, I'm having another Force Captain go with you."

"Understandable," I say, "So who is it?"

"Force Captain Scorpia will accompany you to the Seagate. And Catra will go with you as well," he says and I smile.

"Well in that case I'm completely fine with leading this mission," I say and Hordak nods, "Thank you, Hordak." He nods once more, dismissing me. I walk out and Catra is waiting for me outside.

"What?" I ask, "Miss me that bad?" She blushes and hits my arm.

"No!! I was just... wondering what Hordak wanted you for," she says. Ever since I woke up and went back to sleep, Catra keeps getting flustered every time she looks at me.

"Why're blushing?" I ask, "Did what I say mess with you? Sorry."

Her eyes widen and she shakes her head, "No! No, no. Don't be sorry. It's just.." she stops and she looks away, "It's just this is the first time someone has liked me back."

Wait. Back? Does that mean she likes me!?

"Does that mean you like me??" I ask. She puts her head in her hands and turns away.

"Don't make me say it," Catra says.

"Oh. Okay." Catra whirls around.

"Okay! Yes! I like you!" She exclaims. I'm a little taken aback but I reply with a huge smile.

"Good," I say. Her face breaks into a large smile but she tries to hide it in her hands again.

"Nooo. Don't hide it," I say dragging out the last word. I pull away her hands and she looks away, "Fine," I say and kiss her on the cheek. Catra covers her face again but her tail waves around excitedly.