Is It Over Now pt.2

This is a long chapter...

Before she knew it, she had felt herself run into somebody...

She instantly looked up, realizing that she had run into a tall, handsome man. He had a nice, clean haircut with smooth, combed-back brown hair on the top. His eyes looked an emerald green, almost hazel. He smiled at her.

"Oh, I'm so sorry", she apologized, astonished by this man for some reason.

"Don't be. Are you ok?", the man asked. He looked to be around 25 or 26 years old, around Taylor's age.

"I'm fine", she mumbled, feeling her bottom lip quiver. Something about somebody asking her if she was doing alright when she had been lying to herself all this time completely broke the tear dam in her. It felt nice for someone, even a stranger, to affirm her emotions and how she was feeling.

"Are you hurt?", the man asked. He made eye contact with her, something that William rarely did.

"No", she sobbed. At any moment, Taylor could run to the bathroom, left in solitude to cry about her broken relationship. But something about the way this man presented himself made him seem less threatening than most men.

The man looked into her red-shot blue eyes before speaking. "I'm not trying to be creepy or anything, but can I hug you?", he asked softly, asking for consent before hugging her.

Taylor thought about it for a second before nodding. Things couldn't get worse than they already were.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, sobbing into the crook of his neck. He wrapped his arms around her middle, hugging her tight.

Listening to this man's heartbeat, she felt his hand rub her upper back. She assumed the reason he only rubbed her upper back was because he was a kind man and didn't want to push it too far.

"Do you want to talk about it?", he asked, Taylor nodded against this stranger's neck. She didn't even know this man's name and he had already shown more kindness to her than William had been their whole relationship.

"I promise you I'm not a creep, but would you rather go to a table and talk or we could go to the family restroom? Again, I'm not a creep. I just don't like to see people sad", he said with a small smile. His hazel green eyes shined.

"Yeah, let's talk in the bathroom", agreed Taylor. Something about this man was so friendly and inviting. Either way, this man could make her happy and feel better or kidnap her and kill her.

They went into the family restroom, and people waiting in line for the gender restrooms raised eyebrows as they saw two people of the opposite sex enter the restroom at the same time.

Taylor locked the door, sitting on the floor of the fairly fancy restroom.

"Oh, how could I forget? I apologize for forgetting to ask, but what's your name?", the man asked, sitting across from Taylor on the opposite wall.

She let out a small smile. "Taylor. What's your name?", Taylor asked, playing with the hem of her dress.

"That's a very pretty name, Taylor. I'm Travis, but my friends call me Trav", Travis answered.

"So you consider me one of your friends?", asked Taylor, taken aback by that kind gesture.

"I mean, I've only known you for like ten minutes, but from what I've seen so far, I can see us getting along just fine", answered Travis, flashing her a grin.

There was a moment of comfortable silence before Taylor spoke again. "So, are you here with your boyfriend?", she asked, hearing a ding from her phone. She presumed it was just William wondering where she went even though she had told him, so she set her phone to silent mode.