Safe And Sound #2

"Since we don't have a carseat, we'll just have to drive without one, ok sweetie?", Taylor asked the little girl who was near sleep in Travis' arms. She nodded. "Are you tired?", Travis asked, rubbing her back softly. "Yeah, I couldn't faww asleep last night because daddy's friends came over", Brooklyn said, rubbing her eyes. Taylor gave Travis the look that she was holding in tears. He nodded in understanding. 

Brooklyn fell asleep in the back seat, snuggling into Travis's jacket that he gave her because she was cold. "We can't ever let her go back, Tay", Travis whispered, his hand on her thigh. "I know. Now that child protective services know it's not considered kidnapping. They're sending over a child protective services agent tomorrow to survey our house and do a background check to see if we have had Brooklyn stay with us", Taylor yawned. "I love you, Taylor", Travis said, giving her a tired half smile. "Ooh, you never call me that. Not gunna lie, that kinda is a turn on", Taylor said, giving him a flirty eye. "Tay, there's a child in the car", Travis said with a twinkle in his eye. "She's asleep. She'll be fine. We'll tuck her into the guest bedroom and get her all situated then meet me in the bedroom", said Taylor, placing her hand ontop of his. "An assertive woman. Daddy likes", Travis said, giving her a sexy look. "Trav, if you say that one more time you'll sleep on the couch", she said, trying not to laugh too loud as to not wake up Brooklyn. "OK, OK", Travis defended, immediately taking the warning. 

"Thank you", a very sleepy Brooklyn said as Travis handed her a stuffed animal that they'd had. It was hard to convince Brooklyn to eat dinner because she was so tired and then after that she had to take a bath, so Taylor ended up having to carry the tired little girl into bed. They put one of Taylor's tee shirts on Brooklyn as a suitable temporary PJ set. "Of course, honey. Do you need anything else?", Taylor asked, sitting beside her in bed as she stoked her light brown locks. "Can you stay until I fall asleep?", Brooklyn asked. "Of course sweet girl. You know you're welcome here, right?", Taylor whispered. Brooklyn nodded softly. 

Taylor felt a motherly instinct to sing the child to sleep, so she began vocalizing even though she was never supposed to do that after a show. She swayed softly as she softly rubbed the child's arm, Brooklyn's eyes slowly closing as her breathing became more rhythmic. 

Your little hand's wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter 'cause you're dreamin'
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light
To you, everything's funny
You got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have honey
If you could stay like thatOh, darlin', don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darlin', don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple
I won't let nobody hurt you
Won't let no one break your heart
And no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up
Never grow upYou're in the car on the way to the movies
And you're mortified your mom's droppin' you off
At fourteen, there's just so much you can't do
And you can't wait to move out someday and call your own shots
But don't make her drop you off around the block
Remember that she's gettin' older too
And don't lose the way that you dance
Around in your PJs getting ready for schoolOh, darlin', don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darlin', don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple
And no one's ever burned you
Nothing's ever left you scarred
And even though you want to
Just try to never grow upTake pictures in your mind of your childhood room
Memorize what it sounded like when your dad gets home
Remember the footsteps, remember the words said
And all your little brother's favorite songs
I just realized everything I have is someday gonna be goneSo here I am in my new apartment
In a big city, they just dropped me off
It's so much colder than I thought it would be
So I tuck myself in and turn my nightlight onWish I'd never grown up
I wish I'd never grown upOh, I don't wanna grow up
Wish I'd never grown up
Could still be little
Oh, I don't wanna grow up
Wish I'd never grown up
It could still be simple
Oh, darlin', don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up
Just stay this little
Oh, darlin', don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up
It could stay this simple
I won't let nobody hurt you
Won't let no one break your heart
And even though you want to
Please try to never grow up
Oh, oh
Don't you ever grow up
Oh (never grow up)
Just never grow up

Taylor was in tears by the end of it, having to quickly wipe them as she saw more light peer into the room. She looked to see Travis's concerned look on her. "Is she asleep?", he whispered, coming to her side. She nodded. 

Taylor pressed a kiss on Brooklyn's forehead softly as she turned on the nightlight and cracked the door open. 

Once they were in their room, Travis expressed his worry for Taylor. "What's wrong baby?", he asked, pulling her into a hug against his strong arms. "Nothing. It's just kind of fun and sentimental to be kinda a mom for a day", she mumbled against his chest. Travis took a moment to process this as he slowly swayed with her still in his arms. "I heard you singing to her", he said softly as she pulled away. "Yeah, It just felt right". "I think it was the sweetest thing iv'e seen in awhile" he said pressing a kiss to her forehead. 

"Instead of sex, do you just want to cuddle tonight?", Travis whispered as she was comfortably laying against his chest in bed. "Yeah, if that's fine with you. I'm kind of tired and don't feel like it anymore. I think in a good way singing to Brooklyn made me a lot less horny", Taylor whispered, moving to turn the lamp off that lay on her bedside table. "Yeah, kids will do that to you. Love you", Travis agreed, kissing her softly on the lips goodnight before they curled up in each other's arms, knowing that Brooklyn was only in the bedroom attached to their hotel room if she needed anything.