Is It Over Now?

BTW Travis is in this story fyi, just not this chapter(:

Taylor sat across from her boyfriend at a candlelight dinner.

She cleared her throat. "So, how was your day?", she asked, sipping her wine.

"Fine", he mumbled, texting on his phone.

While most would take this as rude, Taylor was used to being dismissed by her boyfriend of five months. He was always on his phone whenever she tried to have a discussion with him.

"What did you do today?", she asked, trying to break the silence.

"Tay, can't you see I'm busy right now? I have so much on my plate with my company", he said, briefly glancing up at her. His tone was full of anger and dismissal. He had a way to make others feel inferior.

Taylor huffed a sorry, laying her head on her hand as she looked around. The fancy restaurant was full of couples staring into each other's eyes and clinking wine glasses while smiling at each other, clearly in love. There was even a man who proposed to his girlfriend, the whole restaurant clapping except her boyfriend, William, who was much too busy communicating with his company.

They had begun dating after they met on Tinder. Taylor was a single 24 year old woman who was looking for a commitment, somebody she would look forward to seeing everyday. Her home life growing up had been much different. Taylor's father had left his family for his office's secretary when Taylor was four years old and her younger brother, Austin, was merely one.

William, on the other hand, was 30 and the firstborn son, born into the wealthy family of a rich, successful businessman. William's father, named William Jr, had received the law firm his father started. It was tradition in William's family for the oldest son to receive the business when the previous owner retired, and William's father was on the verge of retirement as he was 65 now.

However, what was unjust was that his family had continued to pass down the law firm to the oldest son. It didn't matter if the oldest child, who in William's family was his older sister Rachael, wished to carry it on. Of course, if the son wished to disappoint his family and seek a different career path, then the next son would receive it, and if they didn't have any more sons, then the oldest daughter. Then and only then did one of the daughters get the law firm.

Taylor and William's first date was better than this, but barely. They had talked part of the time, William appearing attentive and present most of the time but he would randomly check his phone in the middle of her talking. Taylor had brushed this off, not trying to overreact at this by calling it a red flag. She had just assumed that it would get better with time. They had made their relationship official, but not official enough to introduce their new partners to their parents yet.

But around the same time, William, aka William Sr, had received notice that his father seeks to retire and all his son's years of law school using Daddy's money would finally be of use. They were about a month into their relationship at the time.

Taylor was overjoyed at the news, but William began to seem withdrawn. Those moments of him being present and attentive to her that Taylor had once cherished so much had vanished, replaced by being dismissive to others, mumbling a "you wouldn't get it", whenever confronted by Taylor about his changes in attitude, and not touching Taylor. Not once. Not even holding her hand. Of course, he still was very alive in bed, but that wasn't enough. And the way he made love to her was becoming mildly painful for Taylor, but he wouldn't stop when she complained. It was becoming more of an enemies with benefits relationship if anything.

Taylor sighed, feeling done with this date. She was honestly done with this relationship, tired of being the only glue that held it together. And if she was being honest, both her and William had checked out months ago mentally. Her mother had taught her the values and qualities in a man to look out for. For instance, she said that if he loved his mom, that was a green flag, but if he still lived with her, a red flag. The list went on and on.

She felt so foolish for staying in this relationship, hoping that things would get better but they weren't. Taylor felt so stupid for doing the exact thing that her mom had done with her dad. She had known about the cheating for years, but didn't want to end things. Taylor didn't want to wait long enough for him to leave her like her father had.

As Taylor sat there, she felt tears well up in her eyes. She was tired of not feeling cared for. Tired of being treated like an outsider. Tired of hiding this excruciating loneliness inside her.

"I'm going to the bathroom, not that your stupid ass cares", she mumbled. And Taylor was right. He didn't even look up from his phone, only taking a bite of his steak.

She stood up, walking towards the bathroom. She felt her lip begin to quiver, trying to rush to the family bathroom so nobody saw her this way.

She looked at the ground, walking fast with her hand over her mouth, keeping her sobs in.

But before she knew it, she felt herself run into someone.

Thanks for reading! I'm working on part 2. Don't forget to comment or vote!<3 Who do you guys think she ran into?