Awards Ceremony

"Travis, you can't come in now", Taylor said for the second time. Travis groaned pretending to be impatient, but that wasn't far from the truth. 

Because he knew what he was going to wear to the ceremony beforehand and getting ready as a man is so much easier, it took him barely over an hour and most of the time was trying to figure out how to put on a tie. So Travis had been waiting with Archer in the bedroom while Taylor and her stylists got her ready for the awards show. "Mommy aways takes this wong", Archer said, plopping on the bed beside Travis. "Does she now?", Travis asked the three year old, picking Archer up upside down and tickling the boy's tummy. "Stop", the boy shrieked, giggles echoing through his body. "Sorry, I didn't hear. What did you say?", he asked, throwing the boy onto the mattress. 

Archer was laughing so hard, his face slightly red. Archer was loving having a father figure in the house after his dad, Joe, left. He was only 1 when he left, and only six months later she found Travis. They started off as friends, then friends who liked each other, then they began dating. The rest was history and he proposed to Taylor two months prior. 

"Now you can come in, Travis", Taylor yelled, her stylist opening the door for Travis. Travis led the way as Archer tagged along. 

Travis's expression fell to a look of shock. She looked absolutely stunning. Her blonde hair was pulled into a half up half down style with a classic small white ribbon tied to it. Her dress was a gold color but the midsection showed off her three month bump perfectly. Her makeup was nothing too extreme but it showed off her natural beauty complexion perfectly. 

"Tay, you are absolutely stunning", Travis said, embracing her. "Good thing there's a zipper so it's easy to slip off", Travis whispered seductively to her, making Taylor smile. "Trav", she said, punching him on the arm softly. "Mommy, you awe so pwetty", Archer said, exiting his hiding spot behind Travis's legs. "Oh, thank you, buddy", Taylor said, ruffling the boy's hair as he hugged her legs. "She's mine", Archer said, giving Travis a protective look. "Aw man. So does that mean I can't marry her anymore?", Travis asked, pretending to be disappointed. "Yeah, but I still get to be the wing beawer", Archer informed him, reaching up so Taylor picked him up. "Oh, so I don't have any say in this?", Taylor asked. "Fine, you can mawwy him", Archer said, nuzzling his head on his mom's shoulder. "Oh, thanks, man", Travis said. 

Archer stayed with Andrea as they watched it on tv so he didn't get in the way of the ceremony. 

"How are you feeling, Tay", Travis asked in the limo. "I'm fine. Just nervous", she confessed, bouncing her leg lightly. Travis put his hand on her thigh softly. "You'll do great, I know it", he assured, only slightly loosening the knot in her stomach. 

Taylor won most played song of the year, but she doesn't even remember giving her speech. All she remembered was Travis's eyes looking at her on the stage with love. But that's when she saw Joe. When she ran into Travis's arms after her award, she whispered into his ear that Joe was there. She was honestly too scared to leave Travis's side but she knew she would have to eventually.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom", Taylor said, getting up from the table that they shared with Blake and Ryan. Lately the baby had been making her pee ever hour or so. "Do you want me to go with you?", Travis asked, taking her hand. "No, I'm fine, thanks though", Taylor said, pecking Travis's lips before she left. 

Taylor was about to turn the knob of the women's bathroom door when she felt a hand grab her wrist. She quickly turned around to see familiar blue eyes. "Taylor...", Joe began but was cut off by Taylor saying, "Joe, let go". "Taylor, just listen to me", Joe pleaded. "Don't even. You left us and you lost your chance to be in Archer's life", Taylor said, tears threatening to spill as she said that out loud. "I messed up, T", Joe said, grabbing her other wrist. "Joe, stop touching me and don't call me that", Taylor said, a tear spilling down her cheek. "And yes, you did mess up and some things you don't get a second chance at", she reasoned, hoping Travis would check on her. She should have accepted his offer and just let Travis come with her. "Taylor, I'm still in love with you. If you take me back now I'll even accept this thing you've got going on there", Joe said, moving his right hand to her waist. Taylor's face was stained with tears as she felt so helpless. She hated that feeling. "Don't you dare talk about my baby like that", Taylor said, her mama senses in full effect. "Get away from her", Travis said, waking in on the scene swiftly, ripping Taylor's wrists from Joe's hands and towering over him. "Travis", Taylor whispered weakly, wiping her eyes. "Trav, don't", she said, gently taking his left arm in hers, one hand on her bump for comfort. "Listen here, small dick. If you even look at my fiance I'll make it so you can't ever have a child again to just leave", Travis said, his instincts kicking in. "I was just talking to her", Joe lied, trying to sound big but everyone knew he was a umpa lumpa compared to Travis. "Tay, was he just talking to you?", Travis asked, turning to his crying fiance. She shook her head, her eyes pleading Travis to leave Joe alone for now. 

Travis's love for Taylor won over his attempt (and success) to maintain dominance over Joe. "This is your warning" was all Travis said before pulling Taylor's figure into his arms. Joe took this as his chance to walk away with all of his limbs. "It's ok. I won't let him hurt you again", Travis said, kissing her hair. She had been extra emotional during her pregnancy and Travis was trying to comply with it's symptoms. "He... he was mean to our baby. He called it a thing", Taylor sobbed. She hid her face in him so nobody but Travis saw her cry. "He doesn't know what he's talking about. He really is the worst. Nobody should be talked to like that, baby. I'm so sorry", Travis said, putting a one of his hands on her bump. Taylor nodding in agreement. "I love you", Travis said, kissing her forehead. "I love you too", Taylor mumbled. "Let's get you cleaned up", said Travis, taking her hand and leading her to the family restroom. Locking the door behind them, he wet a paper towel and delicately wiped the smudged mascara. Travis sat on the floor and Taylor lay in between his legs. This wasn't a gross thing to do because the awards were at a very fancy venue so the floors were spotless. 

"Is there anything else he said that you want to talk about?", Travis asked gently, both hands on her bump, rubbing the sides gently with his big hands.

Taylor thought for a moment, taking a deep breath before speaking. "He said he was sorry for leaving and all that crap that he doesn't mean and that he wants to be a part of my life again", Taylor said, getting more comfortable and leaning completely on Travis. "Oh baby", Travis sympathized, kissing her head and laying his chin on her head. 

"I don't deserve you, Trav. I'm damaged by Joe and countless other exes. Fame even in your early twenties is hard to manage and you've had such a pure life. You're such a pure person and I'm damaged goods", Taylor said, making Travis wrap her even tighter in his arms. "Shh, Taylor don't say that. You're my girl and I love you so, so much. Do you have a past? Yes, but that isn't something that I just accept with the package. It makes me love you even more, T", Travis assured her, feeling so bad for her. "Really, Trav?", Taylor asked, happy tears brimming on her eyes. "Of course, baby". "Trav, don't make me ruin my makeup again", Taylor said, a happy smile on her lips. 

They went back shortly after, both growing closer to each other if that's possible. 

Thanks for reading!<3