Podcast

Travis sat on the couch with his newborn son, James, laying on his chest.

"Tay baby? Could you hand me that burp cloth on the table? It looks like Sir James is about to spit up?", requested Travis.

"Sure, what else do you want, your majesty? I've only been up with James the whole night, what else can I do for you?", Taylor asked, frustrated. She had been up with James over half the night, feeding and rocking him.

"Tay baby, is everything alright?", Travis asked, getting up from the couch. Taylor never snapped unless she was at her breaking point. She would pile up so much emotion or pressure that one comment would make her patience just snap, and having a newborn wasn't helping things.

"I'm fine Travis", she huffed, turning towards the stove to finish stirring dinner.

Travis cradled James in his arms, walking towards Taylor. He gently pulled Taylor to him with one arm, kissing her bare shoulder softly. He rubbed her still not back to normal stomach, making her lean on him, letting out a breath.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you. You were doing me a favor for watching James for me", she sighed.

"Doing you a favor? Tay, James is just as much my responsibility as he is yours. He's half me and you. Tonight I'll stay up with James, you rest", offered Travis, kissing her cheek.

Now that Travis was closer to Taylor, he could see from her face that she had circles around her eyes and her skin felt dry against his lips, presumably because she didn't have time to do her skin care routing with a newborn.

"Really? Thank you. He'll probably go to sleep easier for you then me because he wouldn't sleep for more almost all night", Taylor huffed.

"It's just a phase. And in reality, he probably slept better for you than he will for me because I didn't carry him inside me, providing him with life support and food for nine months like you did", reasoned Travis, setting James in his baby swing and pulling Taylor into a real hug.

Ever since Taylor had been diagnosed with post-partum depression, she had been tired and closed off from everybody. This was the most she'd ever opened up about motherhood.

Travis held her in his arms, swaying her gently in the hug.

"I love you so much baby girl. You're such a good mommy", he whispered, kissing her ear.

Taylor sighed. "Thank you. I really needed that right now", she mumbled against his chest, closing her eyes in the embrace.

"I'm sorry I haven't said that enough. You've given me the best gift anybody has ever given me, and I'm sorry I take you for granted sometimes", apologized Travis, rubbing his hands on her curves.

"It's ok. I've taken you for granted before too, so I understand. And you're a really good daddy, too", she whispered, giving him a flirty smile.

"What's that supposed to mean?", he asked, smirking at her.

"Call it what you want", she said, pecking his lips before going to breastfeed their son.

"Baby, I'll be downstairs recording the podcast. Do you need anything?", Travis asked, propping a pillow under her arm as she sat on the couch.

"No, thanks though", she responded, accepting the peck on the lips Travis gave her.

Travis put his headphones on, calling Jason.

"Are we on?", Travis asked.

"Yep", answered Jason, scuffing his brownish-grey beard.

"So, how's it going Daddy?", Jason asked, not thinking through his words.