20| Serene moments

Somewhere in the country:

"Are you still unable to find her?" asked a man with a mysterious aura while sitting on a single-seat sofa like a king. An older man stood in front of the glass window, gazing at the cityscape while sipping whiskey.

"We don't know her name or even her face. Even that couple has vanished, as if they never existed on this earth," replied the older man with a hardened expression.

"I don't care. Find her. Don't make me use my sources, or I'll jeopardize the whole country to locate her. And that would cost you your position," warned the mysterious man.

"I'm trying my best to find her. Just give me some time," pleaded the older man.

"She was promised to me, and I want her by my side. My father wants only her as his daughter-in-law, and I'll do anything to fulfill that promise you made to him. Before the next election, I want her here, or I'll snatch this position from you," threatened the mysterious man, leaving the room without waiting for a response.

The older man, with a tense expression, dialed a number and said, "Find that bastard. He surely knows about her. I need his location as soon as possible," before hanging up.

______________

At Anuvarta Kutir:

Adhiraj entered the main hall where his parents and Panditji were waiting for him. After taking blessings from all of them, he sat down. Annahita brought tea and sat beside Tripti.

"Why are you doing these tasks?" asked Adhiraj, puzzled by Annahita's actions.

"Because I wanted to," Annahita replied, turning towards Tripti and ignoring Adhiraj.

Adhiraj shrugged off her behavior and turned to Panditji. "I came to inform you all that the rituals for Kali Puja need to start from today, but Sarkaar seems to be unwell," informed Panditji with a concerned expression.

"Yes, he broke his right arm," added Digvijay.

"Then someone else has to perform the puja and all the rituals this year," suggested Panditji.

Before anyone could object, Adhiraj intervened, "No, I'll perform the puja myself. This is a family tradition that cannot be broken."

Despite attempts to dissuade him, Adhiraj remained steadfast in his decision. "Nandini is not here to help you, and neither is Shivaay. How will you do all the rituals alone, Adi?" asked Tripti, worried.

"I'll manage, Maa. Besides, Kali Maa is with me. I'll do everything, like always. No need to worry," assured Adhiraj, his determination unwavering.

"Can I help him?" Annahita suddenly offered.

"Huh?"

"I can assist him with the rituals. That's why I shifted here,to help him" Annahita clarified.

Before anyone could object, Adhiraj agreed. Tripti couldn't hide her smile as she glanced at both of them.

After further discussions about the puja, they dispersed to attend to their tasks. Adhiraj led Annahita to his study, where they settled on the sofa, and he began outlining the tasks where he needed her assistance.

"Nobody is allowed in the temple until it's cleaned and Kali Maa's shringar is done," Adhiraj informed Annahita.

"But how will you clean the whole temple alone? Won't the other people of the mansion or the priests help you?" asked Annahita.