15| Manipulation

Author's POV

Adhiraj quickly covered his ears with his hands, attempting to drown out the music. However, Annahita raised the volume even more. After a while, Adhiraj finally managed to turn off the speakers and said, "Jaanam, I'm sorry. Something urgent came up; otherwise, I would've come for sure."

"You could've informed me or Nandu. But no, mighty Adhiraj Singh Rathore doesn't have even a second to message us," said Annahita, folding her hands in front of her chest.

Adhiraj slowly held his ear with his hand and said, "Sorry, Anu, it was really urgent. I will take you tonight on a movie date."

"No need" said Annahita, starting to walk toward her room.

Adhiraj followed behind her like a puppy, continuously apologizing. "Anu, please understand. It was an unforeseen situation. I promise to make it up to you. Let me take you on a movie date tonight."

With mock indifference, Annahita replied, "No need. I'm not interested. You go on your 'urgent' missions. I have other plans."

Desperate to make amends, Adhiraj persisted, "Come on, Anu, don't be upset. Let me make it right."

Teasingly, Annahita crossed her arms and said, "Oh, mighty Adhiraj Singh Rathore has time for movie dates now? I thought saving the world kept you busy."

Realizing he needed a more genuine approach, Adhiraj softened his tone, "Anu, I'm really sorry. Let me make it up to you. I promise I'll find time for us tonight."

Slightly amused, Annahita said, "We'll see, Sarkaar. Actions speak louder than words, remember?" She then walked away, leaving Adhiraj contemplating how to redeem himself.

Adhiraj followed her to her room but didn't enter; instead, he stood by her door and said, "Vaise, tumhare is 2 ft ke shareer mein itna gussa kaise hai?"
(By the way, how come you have this much anger in this 2 ft body?)

Annahita glared at him and retorted, "Main aapko 2 ft lagti hu ?"
(Do I look like 2 ft to you ?)

Smirking, Adhiraj replied, "Yes, why? Are you even shorter?"

This statement angered Annahita, and she started arguing with him about her height.

Adhiraj continued to tease her, laughing,
" Jaana mujhse behas matt kro. Nhi toh almirah pe bitha dunga or utarunga bhi nhi"
("Jaana, don't argue with me, or else I'll make you sit on the almirah and won't carry you down from it.")

Annahita's anger flared, and she impulsively grabbed a nearby vase, chasing after Adhiraj, who was moving at a fast pace. However, he suddenly slipped on the stairs and fell.

Shocked at the sudden turn of events, the vase slipped from Annahita's hands. She hurriedly moved towards Adhiraj, tears welling up in her eyes.

Annahita rushed to Adhiraj's side, her heart pounding with concern. She gently lifted his head onto her lap and said, "Are you okay? What happened? Say something, please. I'm sorry."

Adhiraj, wincing in pain, rubbed his right hand and replied, "Ahh, I think I've fractured my hand."

Panicking, Annahita continued to apologize with tears in her eyes as she stood up, frantically searching for her phone to call for help. Eventually, she found Shivaay's number and dialed it.

Shivaay picked up the call, and Annahita, with a shaky voice, explained the situation, "Bhai, it's Annahita. Adhiraj fell down the stairs, and he's in pain. Can you please come over? I think he might have fractured his hand."