10| Misunderstanding solved

Lost in her thoughts, Adhiraj entered the hall and noticed Annahita standing there, contemplating. He approached her silently and whispered, "I love you" in her ears, startling her with his sudden presence.

Annahita, caught off guard by Adhiraj's sudden appearance, felt a shiver down her spine as he whispered those three words. She turned to face him, her eyes widening in surprise. Adhiraj, with an enigmatic smile, gauged her reaction.

Trying to regain her composure, Annahita took a step back and retorted, "What are you doing ?"

Adhiraj, maintaining a distance with only his forehead resting on Annahita's shoulders, responded, "I'm not doing anything, Jaana."

Annahita, feeling uncomfortable, swiftly moved away from him, her eyes glaring at him intensely. "Don't you have any shame?" she asked, pointing her finger accusingly at him.

Adhiraj's POV:

As I uttered those three words to her, she stiffened in place, similar to her previous reaction. This time, however, her expression shifted to anger, and she questioned if I had any shame. Perplexed by her sudden anger, I decided to address it gently.

I took hold of her pointed fingers with my hands and inquired, "Why, Jaana? What did I do?" She attempted to free her fingers from my grip, so I released them but held her hands, pulling her slightly closer to me without making her uncomfortable.

"Oh! So you don't know what you did? Firstly, you said 'I love you' to me, someone you hardly know. Secondly, you're cheating on your fiance," Annahita said, glaring at me more intensely.

I struggled to understand the second part of her accusation. While I acknowledged her being upset about my abrupt confession, I was baffled by the mention of a fiancée. Gently, I asked her, "What fiance, Jaana?"

"Stop calling me Jaana, and now you're denying the existence of your fiancée," Annahita retorted with frustration.

"But, Jaana, I don't have any fiance," I said, attempting to make her understand.

"You do. Don't lie. Nandini told me everything about Akshita," Annahita asserted.

Now, I understood why she was upset with me. I recalled Nandini's mischievous smirk in the garden earlier. That playful girl must have conveyed some nonsense to my Jaana, leading to her anger. Instead of clarifying her misunderstandings, I decided to play along for a bit.

"Ohh, you're talking about Akshita. So, you already know about my darling. Jaana, you should've told me earlier," I remarked, wearing a smile. Her anger intensified, and she attempted to pull her hands from my grip. I released my hold and added, "I'm hungry, Jaana. Won't you feed me?"

"If you're hungry, then go to your fiance. She organized such a grand party today, and you, being her fiance, didn't attend," she retorted while heading toward the dining table.

I followed Annahita to the dining table, trying to suppress a smile. She was clearly annoyed, and her frustration with the situation was evident. As we reached the table, I couldn't resist teasing her a bit more.

"So, you're upset about Akshita?" I asked, raising an eyebrow with a mischievous grin.

Her eyes shot daggers at me. "Stop pretending! If you have a fiance, go and enjoy your party with her."

"Lekin agar hum chale gaye toh humari jaana yahan akeli ho jayegi"
("But if I go there, my Jaana would be alone here,") I said to her while smiling. She turned towards me with annoyance and said, "Stop calling me Jaana and just go to your fiance. And if you don't want to go, then just sit quietly and have your dinner."

"Ok, as you wish, my queen," I said to her while bowing my head and placing my hands on my heart. She just ignored my words and sat in her seat. Instead of sitting at my designated seat, I decided to sit beside her. She raised her eyebrows at me for questioning this gesture, but I ignored her question and said, "Did you cook again? Although I like your food, don't tire yourself."

"I didn't cook," said Annahita and started serving her plate while ignoring me. I decided to annoy her more and said, "Jaana, won't you serve me?"

"Go to your fiance. She will serve you with all her heart," said Annahita to me. "Jaana, serve for me too, please. If my darling had been here right now, then she would have served me, but now she is not here, so can't you help me a little?" I said to her while placing one of my hands on the table to support my head while watching her. As usual, she ignored my comment but forwarded her plate to me and started serving a new plate for herself. I decided to help her, but she just glared at me, so I sat still in my seat.

"Jaana, have you seen my darling? She is so beautiful. Although you're not less than her, she is like a goddess," I said, but before I could say more, she banged her hands on the table and stood up. She glared at me and said, "Bhaad mein jaao aap aur aapki darling"
("Go to hell, you and your darling," )and started going from there. Looks like it's time to clear her misunderstandings, so I chased after her, but she didn't stop. She reached the hall when I said, "Anu, please listen to me." She suddenly stopped in her tracks and moved to face me.

"What happened, Sarkaar? Why are you bothering me? You shouldn't do that. You should be loyal to your fiance," said Annahita to me.

I moved towards her and held her hands. "Jaana, I don't have any fiance. She was my fiancee, but now she is married to someone else," I said to her and moved my hands to tuck hair strands that fell in front of her eyes. She looked like she believed me for a second but then stared at me and said, "You're lying."

"No Anu, she really is not my fiance. Nandu was just messing with you," I said to her, but she didn't say anything. I then tried to convince her more and said, "Okay, tell me what should I do so that you believe me?"

"I don't know," she whispered so low that if I wasn't paying attention to her, I would've missed it. "Will you believe me if Akshita herself tells you that she isn't my fiancée? Do you want to talk to her husband?" I asked.

"No, there is no need," she said and tried to free her hands, but I tightened my grip and took out my phone to call Akshita.

"Hello, where is your husband, Akshita?" I said on the phone.

"Why? Can't you let him enjoy freetime for a day?" said Akshita, annoyed with me.

"Akshita, give Rustam the phone and stop shouting like a toddler at every chance you get," I said to her. Annahita was listening attentively and smiled softly at my statement but composed herself.

"Hello, Ji Sarkaar, is there any issue? What's the matter?" said Rustam.

"Like wife, like husband. No Rustam, there is no issue. But I have a question," I said to him while gazing at Annahita.

"Ji Sarkaar, ask whatever is in your mind," said Rustam to me.

"Can you tell me who is Akshita to you?" I said to him.

"Sarkaar, what are you saying? Have you forgotten? Akshita is my wife. We have been married for 3 years," said Rustam, panicked at my question.

I chuckled at his reaction and said, "Okay," and cut the call.

"Now, do you believe me?" I said to Annahita.

So, how's today's part?
Is it good ? Do you guys think I need improvement?
Do share your thoughts in the comments section
Like Vote and Follow