9| Adhiraj's fiance

Author's POV

In the evening, Annahita was on a quest to find Nandini when she unintentionally collided with Shivaay.

"Who are you searching for?" inquired Shivaay.

"Bhai, I'm searching for Nandu. She isn't picking up my calls, and I was getting bored," explained Annahita.

Shivaay pointed toward the back garden and said, "She is in the back garden with Akshita."

Curious, Annahita questioned, "Who is Akshita?"

Before Shivaay could respond, Nandini arrived and announced, "Adi Bhai's fiance."

Shivaay, taken aback, raised his eyebrows to question Nandini, but she just smirked mischievously. Addressing Annahita, she said, "Did I forget to mention her to you? My bad! She is Bhai's fiance."

Annahita was shocked by this revelation and didn't say anything. Nandini, enjoying the moment, observed Annahita's slumped shoulders and sad expression at the mention of Adhiraj's fiance.

Shivaay, understanding Nandini's mischief, turned to Annahita, "Oh! Do you want to meet her? She is a sweet girl. You both will become friends in no time."

Annahita quickly refused, "Maybe next time," and walked away from there. Adhiraj, who arrived at that moment, noticed Annahita's sad expression.

He asked Nandini, "What happened to her?"

"Nothing happened to her, but something will surely happen to you," replied Nandini with a smirk.

"What do you mean, Nandu?" Adhiraj inquired.

"You will find out when you meet her yourself," said Nandini, suppressing her laughter as she walked away. Adhiraj shrugged off her mysterious comment and turned to Shivaay.

"Baba called you to the office, and the Finance Minister is with him," Adhiraj informed.

"Why? Doesn't this Sharma have his own home that he comes here every two days?" grumbled Shivaay, annoyed with the news of the minister's presence.

"I'm only tolerating him because of Akshita. Such an irritating person he is," complained Shivaay as they both headed toward Digvijay's office.

As Shivaay and Adhiraj approached Digvijay's office, the atmosphere was charged with tension and irritation. The Finance Minister's frequent visits were clearly a source of annoyance for Shivaay.

Upon entering the office, they found Digvijay engrossed in a discussion with Mr. Abhay Sharma, the Finance Minister. The room had an air of formality, with papers scattered on the desk, creating an overall business-like atmosphere.

"Glad you could make it, Shivaay," Mr. Sharma greeted with sarcasm, but Shivaay chose to ignore him, directing his attention to Digvijay instead.

"Why is he here again, Baba?" Shivaay inquired impatiently.

"He has some concerns about the recent decisions we've made, and he came to meet Akshita," explained Digvijay, gesturing towards the Finance Minister.

Mr. Sharma cleared his throat, glaring at Shivaay, and stated, "I came here to meet my daughter."

"You don't have to meet her every two days," Shivaay retorted with annoyance.

"I can and I will meet her whenever I feel like it," responded Abhay Sharma, clearly irritated with Shivaay's disdain. He then turned back to Digvijay to discuss the matters he came for.