1. Meantime Caretakers

Minho took a drag from his joint and passed it over to Changbin who was sat beside him

Minho took a drag from his joint and passed it over to Changbin who was sat beside him. "I failed maths" The latter said as he puffed out the smoke.

"I hear this everyday" Minho responded nonchalantly as he leant his head back against the wall.

They sat in silence until Changbin decided to break it, "I'll miss this" he said with a small pout as his eyes roamed the place.

The apartment was cleaner than ever, Changbin and Minho had done it themselves, unwillingly though,  because according to the landlord the place was dirty only because of them in the first place.

"For the first time, I agree with you" Minho responded with a sigh, in just a short period of time the latter found himself getting attached to this place and now that it was being rented away, he felt emotional and upset, but not like there was anything he could do about it.

"We'll have to find a new place to get wasted" Changbin said with a fake crying face which made the older laugh, "or maybe just stop getting wasted?" The latter spoke through a chuckle but Changing shooed him off, "that's boring and I don't do boring shit" the younger stated proudly and Minho scoffed.

They were finishing their joint in silence when the main door was creaked open. Changbin and Minho exchanged a look and furrowed their brows, "could it be a thief?" The younger whispered quietly and glanced back at the hallway leading to the main door.

"No, I don't think so. The watchman won't let anyone unknown enter" Minho said with certainty.

"Who could it be then?" Changbin question which was answered in mere five seconds. A boy walked into the living room through the hallway, with two carton boxes in his hands, blocking his vision.

"Who are you?" Minho asked which made the boy flinch and fall back onto his butt, the carton boxes landed on either side of the unknown boy.

The boy looked between Changbin and Minho as if they were ghosts, "the fuck? I don't have roomates, do i?" The boy spoke to himself more than he did to the other boys.

"We're the meantime caretakers, but actually who're you?" Changbin questioned and exchanged a knowing look with Minho who discreetly smirked at him, they knew the boy was the new tenant by the keys in his hand and they decided that it would be a good idea to tease him since he doesn't know them, all this was being communicated through the eye contact they held.

"You are the caretakers and you don't know me?" The boy said with wide eyes and somewhat in disbelief, Minho wanted to laugh but he didn't because he didn't want to blow their cover just yet.