CHAPTER 36

RAIN'S POV :

"Baby please dont go"

"Baby...."

I woke up sensing P'Phayu's body moving, his grip tightening around me. As I looked at him, I saw he was once again trapped in the same nightmare, his quiet sobs breaking my heart.

"P'phayu.. Wake up, I am here"

"Please phii, I am here"

I kissed p'phayu's lips lightly letting him know that I am here, I was whispering softly as I don't want to startle him, and I know my one light touch will be enough for him to feel my presence, and my presence is enough to get him out of the horrible nightmare that are not leaving him for the past week.

It pains me deeply each time I find him awake in the middle of the night or having a nightmare, for the first few days he refuses to sleep, afraid that if he will sleep his nightmare will come back and he doesn't want to feel that pain again of losing me Or our baby. When I saw dark circles under his eye and his slightly pale face, I requested him first to sleep and when he didn't accept my request I forced him to sleep but every night the same nightmare happened, same nightmare, same pain he goes through every time.

I gently wipe away his tears, feeling my own eyes welling up. I kiss Phi again, this time on his forehead, and tenderly plant soft kisses on his face while gently caressing his cheeks.

Finally, I meet his gaze, his beautiful eyes shimmering with tears. Each time I see tears in those deep, beautiful eyes, my heart aches. His eyes search mine, like a lost puppy finding its way home.

"I'm here, Phi. I'm not going anywhere. It's just another bad dream," I reassure him, taking him into my arms and holding him close, our bodies pressed together as I release calming pheromones.

"Is this real?" His faint voice barely reaches my ears.

"Yes p'phayu everything is real, look here" I cup his face and look into his eyes, pecking his lips softly so that he can feel my touch.

With a gentle hand, I guided Phayu's trembling fingers to my tummy, where our unborn pup lay nestled within. "Feel him, Phayu. He's real too. Everything you're experiencing, it's not a nightmare. It's our reality, and it's beautiful."

P'Phayu's hand trembled against my tummy, feeling the faint flutter of life beneath his touch. Tears welled up in his eyes once more, but this time they were tears of relief . "Rain... our pup... he's real... You are real"

I nodded, my own eyes glistening with unshed tears. "Yes, phii. He's real, just like our love for each other. Nothing can take that away from us, not even the darkest of nightmares."

Phayu hugs Rain tightly, burying his nose in the crook of his neck, inhaling his sweet Omega's pheromones mingled with their unborn pup's scent. Now he can breathe properly, feeling his omega's skin against his own as he wears only his boxers, reassured that it's not just another nightmare.

"I'm sorry, baby. Because of me, you had to wake up in the middle of the night," Phayu mumbles, still holding him tightly.

"No, Phi, you don't have to apologize. You've always taken care of me whenever I've had a bad dream or a panic attack. Now it's my turn to take care of my alpha when he needs me."

"That's what mates are for, right? Supporting each other through the bad times," Rain says, embracing Phayu and rubbing his back in a soothing circle.

Phayu breaks the hug and looks at Rain's face, still aglow in the moonlight filtering through the window. He traces his finger along Rain's face, then over his lips. Soon, he took Rain's lips in his own, savoring the taste of his omega that always drives him wild and grounds him in reality. He kisses him slowly, with gentleness, as if Rain were a delicate porcelain doll and will break down if he puts any pressure.