°| CHAPTER FOURTEEN |°

No one's POV

"Please come down everyone, the operation will be finished soon." Pala instructed as he gave them a hug, before walking away and entered the ER with a small shut.

Everyone felt sick, hurt and confused. They were happy that Gai was okay all along, but why do he need to hide his identity from them? Miyo on the other hand, was gripping her eyes out as she silently cried, back leaned on the white painted wall. She went straight to the rooftop after he was sent with nurses surrounding him.

It was him, he was alive and okay before all of this. He was by her side all the time, since they met eachother that time. Everything hurt, dropping his arms to her side as she started gasping for air.

Gai..

"I got you a soda Miyo!"  He excitedly said as he waved it, but got shut down by her slamming the sliding door of her room.

The mong that annoys me very much..

"Got a new suit I see?" He said with a grin as he flew by her side as they get ready for the game, and received a scratch on the face.

Kei..

"Don't worry about it Miyo!" He said proudly when he helped her with the heavy tool box and followed her towards the construction room.

The mong that keeps me happy..

"Happy to help!" He saluted and walked away, leaving the agents pumped up from their practice.

They both have the same gesture..

How did I not see that?

She was an idiot, falling for the same person, out and under the mask. Everything was making sense now, how she felt towards him, his familiarity, and his personality hadn't changed since.

She wiped down her tears and took a deep breath, and hugged herself. Her heart was beating like crazy, everything was too much. Her mind is full of images of him, and can't help but smile. The memories that her and the group made was chaotic, but felt like home.

Her old self didn't show it, but she cares for them like they care for her.

Gai..she can't help but whisper it. It sounded so foreign at first, but once she said it twice, her heart beats again. She wanted to see him, and give him lots of hugs and kisses. But even though his feelings might be not the same to her, she will still support him and stay by his side, as a friend.

A tear rolled down, and she immediately rubbed it away.

I was the one who shut him out, I shouldn't be sad about this..

She stood up, slowly making her way to the door, and took a deep breath. Back to the group, they sat down on the chairs when they stopped crying, but still has their hearts broken. Liu was the first who noticed the cat, who's walking more slower than usual. He stood up and walked up to her, letting her fall to his arms as she stayed silent, no more tears left to cry. Too tired to even try anything, and closed her eyes and accept the comfort of her best friend.

"He'll be okay Miyo, Pala promised us." He said almost in a whisper, and softly comb her messy hair. She was sad, all of them is.

I guess all we need to do is wait.

It's been an hour, or so they thought. The air was getting better, now that Pala and other nurses came out of the room. Liu, being the first person who's mind is still clear as ever, asked, "How is he doing?"

The Impa turned to look at him, then the others. "It is as expected he had an head injury, but the damage was extremely close to the part of his brain, which was the memories of his present life."

The group was slightly losing hope, this news was not the thing they wanted to hear. But Pala followed, "But if you want to have this, then may I say that his mind will be more childish than we thought." Spin's eyes widened, "Then, does that mean.."

Pala smiled gently, "He'll be presenting himself as Gai, the confident, cool and collected guy who often gets himself in trouble due to his infatuation with Miss Miyo."

They released the air that was stuck inside their lungs, feeling their energy getting weak because of the suspense. Miyo was too, a blush creeping up to her entire face. "Will his present memories come back?" Pala nodded, "Ofcourse they will, maybe showing him where he went or the things you guys do will help him regain his memory."

Rema gave him a tight hug as the others thanked him, "You're a good doctor Pala, thank you." He nodded as he accepted it, "It's my duty to keep my friends and the people safe."

Miyo was happy, very happy that Gai was okay. But then again, maybe she will enjoy this side of him even more than she hates it in the past.