°| CHAPTER TWELVE |°

3rd POV

People started running away as they scream from fear, abandoning their shops to get away from the bombs that goes off near the carnival. Miyo turned to the others, "You guys find some shelter." but raising a brow when they gave her a look, she smirked. "Or you guys are strong enough to catch up?"

Meanwhile the masked men, that was 15 in total, ruin all the buildings, creating smoke—big enough to cover themselves from the sprinting group towards them, which they didn't noticed yet. Liu hid behind a stall as he reloaded, looking above to see Kei jumping off the edge of the roof and high enough to throw his shuriken that goes off with more smoke coming off of it, going back to the men who's coughing aggressively without noticing Miyo and Rema ready to attack them.

Rema went on to choke one with her thighs as she made a pressure to her upper body to bend and threw him to the ground. Miyo dodged the bullets of the two men from their guns and jumped high enough to get her buckle off of her belly and throw it behind her that comes out as a lasso and tied their bodies together, then throwing them upwards. Kuga jumping infront of the two, and punched them with his ability, and passing out on the ground.

A masked man looked at his smokey surroundings, and quickly fired his gun at Spin's direction, who easily dodged it and kicked his face. Another one was sprinting towards Kuga who was occupied at his opponent, without noticing Shaun from the roof who's aiming her crossbow at him, and shot him directly to his neck with a sleeping tranquilizer and passed out.

Makhan and Popo was being approached by two men. Popo called out one of his card as Makhan opened his palm that contains pink particles, and combined both of their powers together to create a large wave of wind and ice that trapped their body inside except for their heads. Lonky and Alto combined their arms as a man was holding a gun in the air, and trapped him at their arms and squeezed him until he passed out.

Kuku used his face to let the man off guard, then summoning his spell that burned him some of his body parts, but not killing him. Liu took a look at one of the men that was laying on the ground at their suit, a logo pasted on their shirt underneath. But two men was behind him and jumped to knock him out with their bats, but Liu having a sharp sense made him turned his body to them and pulled out his two guns, shooting them both on their chest and landed on the ground, missing the smirk at Liu's face as he blows the smoke on his gun.

Three men was shaking, shrieking when they saw the smoke gone at the group's direction, all of them glaring at the three. Liu turned his head towards the three agents, nodding his head in front, inviting them to finish them off.

Kei, Rema and Miyo started running towards them, causing them to scream louder as the agents jumped high above them, making them look like shadows with bright sharp eyes, then throwing them to a building. Though they were finished, but one of them was still conscious. The masked man glared at them, then took a big inhale,

"SCAR!"

The group was caught off guard when he shouted, like he called something, or someone.

The ground shook, an alarming look on their faces. The building in front of them suddenly crashed as it creates smoke, as Liu let out a shaky breath. Bright red eyes appeared as their big metal foot, then all of their body showed up—it was a gorilla.

He was big, one closed eye as it was sealed by a scar and has humongous hands with the other one being metal. Scar looked down at them, as he can only see them as tiny little creatures. He growled loudly before launching himself to them, shocking them with how his jumps are violently shaking  the ground.

"Split!" Liu shouted and on que, everyone jumped out of the way just in time the gorilla smashed his curled hands on their recent spot, annoying him as he turned around. The gang ran in different directions to avoid getting hurt by one of them, and tried their best to protect each other.

Kuga runs up to him, holding out his paw as pink particles radiates from it. Scar looked down and prepared for his attack, but once Kuga points his palm at him, strong gust of wind blinded him and it caused him to shut his eyes as smoke covered his face. Once he recovered, Liu jumped up near his face and spin kicked him on his cheek, making the gorilla growl at the stinging pain. The plan was working out nicely, Liu thought. There was hope lighting inside him as he looked at his work.

Earlier..

The group found a safe spot for Scar to not find, taking their time to make a plan. Liu fixes his glasses and let out a deep sigh. "Okay gang, Scar is a big and strong guy, which means he can't move in tight spaces." Spin pointed, "What about his strength? What do we do about it?"

"We'll take advantage of it, once we make him go berserk, we have a chance to fight him until he's weak enough." Shaun puts her hands on his shoulder, "How are we gonna do that?" Liu grinned at them, "Just follow my lead."

Present..

Scar ignored the pain as he rose his hands up, then striking the ground for the upcoming Kei and Makhan, throwing them back. Miyo came running from a rooftop, taking a high jump towards the gorilla's shoulder, and him noticing it. He moved his hand to slap her off but before he can do it, Rema and Shaun wrapped a rope in both of his hands, not having the strength to use his legs when Spin and Kuku frozed it.

Miyo had the chance to her psychometry and immediately stayed in place, her eyes having big circles in them as she kneads her hands on his fur. She was given the task to get into his mind to find the reason why they attacked and their whereabouts. She swam down towards the waving stand of each memories as she moved between them to find it. She floated when it came to her view, and putting her hand on it to look through it.

Scar was in a cage, chains wrapped around his arms and legs. He heard the door creak open, looking up to see a suited cheetah walking towards him with his arms behind his back. Bright brown eyes stared down at him, making him cower back. "You better kill them or else you won't be seeing your wife any longer. Do you understand?"

"Yes Sir." The cheetah gave him a stern look before turning around and walks away, but stopped.

"Oh and one thing, capture him for me." Scar asked, "Who, sir?" The cheetah turned around, a small smile creeping up on his face. "It's—"

Miyo felt her body getting squished, air stuck on her lungs as she reached for her neck, but was thrown away from the memory, missing the important thing she can get, before getting swallowed by darkness.