Pieces Forgotten [future baby story]

It's Sunday morning, the sun casts a warm glow as Su Ryeon and Logan stroll hand in hand through the park. Well, technically, one hand is linked with hers and the other was playing toddler support for Luna, who is happily nestled in his shoulder, feet dangling like she owns the world. Both have taken time off work to focus on their adorable tornado of joy now they're in the U.S. permanently. The park had become their go-to spot for family shenanigans – the massive greenery ideal for lazy walks, picnics, and playdates.

"Is she tired?" Su Ryeon asks, remembering Luna's playground exploits that would put Wonder Woman to shame.

"No, she just wants the VIP treatment," Logan glances down at Luna, who keeps her eyes closed on purpose, unaware he can feel her giggles on his chest. She'll perk up the minute he plays with her again. He drops a kiss on her messy hair.

"She loves it when she's in your arms."

"Reminds me of someone," he teases, running his thumb across her knuckles.

"Me?" she jokingly asks, eyes gleaming. "When have I ever said that?"

He snorts. "Something about you saying "I could stay in your arms forever", does that ring a bell, my beautiful liar?"

She chuckles at the memory. "I didn't know you were awake!"

It was a confession whispered after Hera Palace collapsed to ashes, on their first night together. She woke up in his arms, warm, protected and relieved she didn't sacrifice herself to the freezing water. She felt such happiness in the little hours of the morning, such a blessing, that she whispered these words to Logan's skin, as his sleeping form laid bare beside her. Turns out Logan is a light sleeper and heard her confession, matching it with his own upon opening his eyes.

"Then why repeat it when I woke up?" He asks mischievously.

"You have no proof."

"Darling," he smirks, "I have living proof and she's drooling all over my shirt."

He pulls her hand and brings her closer to him, leaving a kiss on her nose that has her scrunching her face adorably.

As they continue their stroll among the trees toward the lake, a friendly dog approaches, tongue out and ready for action.

"Doggy!" Luna exclaims and jumps off Logan and runs, wiggling her hands in the air at the sight of the blonde terrier. Since adopting Molly, Luna's love for animals has exploded. She chases her around the house giggling and falling on her face in the process. Molly on the other hand, carries out her playtime duties with a sense of responsibility to the tiny human.

So when Luna sees the terrier chasing the tennis ball she hops down and runs for it.

"Go play with her," Su Ryeon nudges him. "I'll grab us some coffee." She wanders over to the vending cart and places an order for two lattes. As they're being prepared, she peruses the colorful cookie selection. They have butterscotch ones, caramel and chocolate, lemon cookies and a variety of toppings that make her mouth water. Sugar in that time of day for a toddler is a hard no, but she can't help but marvel at the delicious snacks.

"Su Ryeon?" A woman's voice pulls her out of her reverie.

"Is it really you?" the other woman adds.

Su Ryeon has no words, staring in wonder. In front of her stands a tall woman in stylish sports attire, peach leggings and matching top and trainers with rose gold details. Her ashy blonde hair is held in a high ponytail -gone are the once vibrant blue highlights-, a few locks escaping and clinging to her sweaty forehead. She hands a massive water bottle to her friend, a petite woman sporting tights and a fainted band t-shirt that showcases her toned forearms. She pulls off her sunglasses, revealing green eyes contrasting with her dark complexion. They have the post-workout glow, rosy cheeks and sparkling eyes wide in amazement.