A Different Side of You - part 4

"Let's all finish early today, alright?" Su Ryeon announces to the meeting attendees and is met with applause. They've been working hard all week, trying to secure Dong Man's contract. He's a famous musician, the quality of whom will elevate her company's profile. Not to mention possible collaborations between him and the boy bands will skyrocket their popularity while giving them a more sophisticated profile.

Everything must be ready for when he arrives. He has the final word in the matter.

She watches the other presentations and when an ad campaign for Silverstone appear on the screen, everything comes back to her. She's been locked working in her office, avoiding direct contact with the idols. She nods and passes them, not engaging in her regular politeness.

She's only watched a couple of their practices, Logan's eyes piercing hers from across the room.

But now, their garden rendez-vous plays in her head like a movie. Feeling comfortable beside him, in a sea of people gravitating towards him. Laughing, sharing parts of her life. Him seeing through her as if he peeked a glimpse at her true essence.

Him kissing her and her melting.

She shouldn't have done that, or still be thinking about it. She taps her pen on the pad and focuses on the speaker.

---

The second back-to-back meeting is finally over, the team having layed the groundwork for the contract. Su Ryeon exits the room, heading for Yoon Hee's office. It's a floor below hers, next to the other associates.

She's walking hastily through the small corridor. Suddenly a door opens and she barely registers a hand ushering her inside. It's a tiny storage room, with large shelves of office equipment on both sides. The second thing she notices is Logan still holding her hand, positioning her between his body and the door.

"What are you doing?" She exclaims.

He gestures to keep it low, hearing people walking right outside.

"You've been avoiding me, boss. I was wondering why is it". He looks at her with a mixture of playfulness and worry.

"What?" She asks incredulously. "Is that why you brought me here?"

"Do you prefer we do it outside? In front of everyone?"

Her eyes widen. "Do what?"

He smirks. "Get your mind out of the gutter, CEO. I only wanted to talk. And since you're hell bent on ignoring me for days, that's the best I could do".

"We have nothing to say".

"No? Then let me remind you." He brings his face closer to hers. "You and me. Halloween. Garden."

"Logan..."

"Kiss".

A beat.

"That shouldn't have happened. That didn't happen."

"Yes it did, Su Ryeon Shi".

"It shouldn't have! We were drinking and got caught up in the moment. Just forget it".

"I can't". He puts his hands on her shoulders, his thumbs finding her collar bones. "I close my eyes and I see you kissing me".

Oh.

"I told you it was a mistake. What do you want from me now?"

"Your paintings".

"Excuse me?"

"I want to see your paintings. I know it's your passion, show it to me. I want to bring you coffee in the mornings. And make you dinner. To pose only with you. I want you sleeping next to me in the studio and bringing all the inspiration with you. To take care of you, as you do for me. And I want you to stay out of my personal life, unless you're very, very much in it".