Labyrinth Runners

Outside the principal's office, Mattholomule exits, having joined the illusion track, and leaves with pride. The Blight twins also emerge, with Edric having joined the beast keeping and potions tracks, and Emira, the healing track. Edric proudly displays his new colors to Emira as they high-five and walk away. Inside the principal's office, Principal Bump is searching through folders in a drawer, and the illusion teacher looks back with pride.

Axol, the main protagonist of this chapter, is close with Amity and often mentions Y/n alongside Luz, who is just as important as her.

Illusion Teacher: "It's great to see the students embracing multitracks. I remember sacrificing everything for illusions." (She glances at the illusion coven sigil on her wrist as she hands a folder to Bump.)

Principal Bump: "Honestly, I thought this would be more trouble than it's worth. But I've never seen students this enthusiastic."

A mysterious hooded figure suddenly enters, catching the attention of the illusion teacher and Bump.

Hooded Figure: "Well... trouble... might be closer than you think." (Shows a medallion with the illusion coven brand on it.)

In the cafeteria, Amity shows Willow and Gus the messages from Luz on her game device. Axol is nearby, listening in.

Amity: "These are the last messages I got from Luz. She must've typed them quickly, because all I could decipher was, 'Learned a lot of bad stuff,' something, something, 'Day of Unity,' something, something and, 'Don't scare him away'? I don't know what any of it means."

The conversation continues, with Axol occasionally interjecting with his thoughts and concerns. The bell rings, and Amity and Willow leave, while Gus stays behind to talk to Axol about the situation.

Gus: "What do you think it all means, Axol?"

Axol: "I'm not sure, but we need to find out. Luz and Y/n could be in trouble."

As the day goes on, Axol takes charge in the search for Luz and Y/n, leading his friends through various adventures and dialogues in their quest for answers.

Axol: (hearing the announcement) We'd better go to the gym. I have a bad feeling about this.

Amity: (concerned) You're right, let's hurry.

(In the gym, Adrian reveals his true identity as a Coven Scout)

Axol: (stepping forward) You won't get away with this! (draws a spell circle) Abomination, rise!

(An abomination construct forms, shielding the students)

Adrian: Well, well, if it isn't the multi-track prodigy Axol. Your powers will make a fine addition to the Emperor's Coven.

Axol: I'll never join you! (commands the abomination to attack)

(The abomination and Adrian's scouts clash, spells firing everywhere)

Gus: Axol! I'll help! (casts an illusion spell to distract Adrian)

Adrian: Enough of this! (blasts Gus, dispelling the illusion) Your powers are amateur at best.

Axol: (enraged) Leave him alone! (unleashes a barrage of abomination fists at Adrian)

(In the chaos, Hunter arrives and rescues Gus, teleporting away. The illusion shifts locations)

Amity: Axol! Are you okay?

Axol: (panting) I'm fine, but we got separated from the others. We have to regroup.

(They navigate the shifting illusion landscape, Axol using his skills to bypass obstacles)

Willow: (spotting them) Amity! Axol! Over here!