Chapter 18: Fame

Malachi's P.O.V

"Can I ask you a question?" I looked in Oliver's direction, the seriousness in his face throwing me off. Etienne and Walker where inside setting up a game of monopoly for us to play before we went to bed. We had decided to stay the night before we flew back to LA.

"Sure," I replied.

Oliver crossed his arms, sitting down next to me on the patio. "How do you feel about...us. Me and Etienne. I know we're not your traditional couple. Two Alphas..."

I stopped him right there. I had no problem with it. They were happily married and raising a beautiful baby who was currently being baby sat by Oliver's opa (omega father).

"I've known about Etienne for a long time now and I've never had a problem with it. I wouldn't be here if I did," I said in hopes it was enough to convince him that I supported them.

"It's just...from Etienne's side of things. You're the first to truly accept it. His parents are still to religious to fully support it and most of his family keep their distance. He embraces my family like they're his, but I can tell he misses his too..." the alpha looked at me with a sense of relief in his eyes "...but he sees you as his family. I don't know what you guys went through, but please...please promise me you'll be there for him like a brother. I know we just met but I know he gets lonely sometimes and..."

I began to nod, already understanding why Oliver was saying all this. He was a good guy and just wanted Etienne to be happy. "Oliver, I've always looked at Etienne as family. He helped me during a time where I didn't want to exist anymore. For that I'll always cherish him. He's a friend and he's a brother," I smiled.

Oliver smiled back at me, his eyes shifting to the French doors that suddenly opened. "We're ready!" Etienne exclaimed.

•••

After a long intense game of monopoly and arguing over the rules for at least half an hour we all decided to call it quiets after Walker essentially "stole" all of our money.

We wished Etienne and Oliver a good night and made our way to the guest room. It was an on suite with a large bathroom. The shower was big enough fit multiple people and the bedroom was entirely to large for a guest. I thought maybe they had mistakenly put us in the primary bedroom but realized their room was probably even bigger.

"Umm...do you wanna shower first or do you want me..." Walker turned towards me his eyes instantly looking away in embarrassment for even asking that question. We had taken easily to showing together whenever we could and being at someone else's house wouldn't stop that.

"Malachi..." the omega pouted.

"Don't worry, I won't force a heat." I chuckled.

"Okay but we haven't like...done it since Valentine Day," he reminded me. Walker's drive was surprisingly a lot higher than mine. I thought maybe he'd be a lot more reserved about sex but he wanted it at all times of the day, but I wasn't complaining.  Although I was comfortable with showering together, having sex at a friends house was different. He was entirely to loud and I wasn't comfortable with him in heat with a house full of alphas. I knew Oliver and Etienne would never even think of touching Walker in that state, but only I deserved to smell Walker's scent when he was like that.

"I promise once we get home..."

"Well can I at least practice?" He asked, pointing at my crotch like he owned the thing.

I rolled my eyes, pushing the horny boy into the bathroom and closing the door behind me.

The Following Day

The fact that we ended up extending our stay wasn't surprising. Walker wanted to explore New Orleans with me and I'd never turn down any opportunity to spend time with him. Etienne and Oliver were happy to let us stay an extra day, telling us to enjoy ourselves while we were out.

Walker wore a pair of sun glasses and a baseball cap that made his curly hair poke out from the back and sides. Apparently it was enough of a disguise to stop people from recognizing him, but that wasnt what I was really worried about. It was me that I was worried about. Ever since we went public, I couldn't breathe without a phone being shoved in my face or people asking for autographs.

I guess it was a combination of the success of the project with Walker and Raphael and being outed as Walker's pair bonded mate. The drama along with the on screen romance between Raphael and Walker had stirred the pot once again after the release of the movie. My face was literally everywhere again, so I decided to follow in Walker's footsteps and wear a hat and some sun glasses.

For the most part we looked like a regular couple, holding hands as we walked to historic streets of downtown New Orleans. We walked into the many stores, arcades, and measures going unrecognized. Walker was a ball of energy as he lead me through the downtown quarters, dragging me into a restaurant called Luke.

"My parents took me here when I was younger and I've always wanted to come back," he explained excitedly. I could feel a brimming warmth from him that told me exactly what was happening. For once in a very long time he was able to go somewhere without security or people in his face. Walker hated fame but loved acting. It was what he was good at, so he dealt with the fame because acting made him happy.

"They have like the best seafood. Like you can legit order anything and it'll will be...."

"OH MY GOD!"

Instantly I felt my mood sour at the sound of a group of teenage girls screaming. Walker shared the same sentiment, plastering a forced smile on his face as he waves at the girls before placing an index finger against his lips. I looked back at the girls, their eyes widening even further. Thankfully Walker telling them to shush was enough to keep them quiet as silently came over to us.

"Can we please get an autograph," they asked respectfully. Walker nodded, pulling a pen out of his pocket like he knew he'd be recognized eventually. One of the girls held her phone out, letting him sign her phone case while another stuck a pen in my face. I internally rolled my eyes, sighing the back of her shirt. After about 5 minutes of signing things and taking pictures we were finally left alone.

"I just want one day where it can just be me and you without anyone bothering us," Walker sighed. I looked at him wishing the same thing. Those girls had literally sucked all the enjoyment out of him.

"At least they were nice about it." Most interaction ended in security having to bulldoze their way to him.

"Have you ever thought about going on vacation to somewhere private? I mean it would just be us and..."

"Can we bring Etienne and Oliver? I mean like we'd have our own separate villas or something, but I'd like to spend time with them too,"
Walker asked.

I could tell in his head he was already planning the entire thing. It also made me happy that he was already feeling better about being recognized.

"Hello, my name is Calvin. What can I get started for you two?" The waiter asked.