Chapter 10: Emotions Are Werid

I hated turtle necks. It literally was the most useless piece of clothing ever created until now. The media was already in a panic over me and Malachi, so revealing the fact that I had just been marked wasn't the best idea. It would literally spawn more ridiculous rumors and theories that I didn't have the patience for.

"Walker! Walker! Over here!" The paparazzi shouted as I was escorted into the production studio by security. We were mostly done with filming but needed to reshoot a few scenes before the editing process started.  At least that's what I was told by Blair, who seemed a little indifferent about me stepping foot outside to begin with.

"Hey Walker, we've placed your outfit in your dressing room. We're just reshooting the scene with you snd Raphael. It..."

I looked at the director with a puzzled expression, wondering why we had to reshoot that scene in particular. We had done so many takes that we could legit make a movie out of them and I really wasn't in the mood to have Raphael touching and kissing all over me again, especially now that I was marked. Plus, they'd end up going with the first take anyways. I'm sure it was a lot cheaper to use a scene that didn't have a marked neck in it. Editing was expensive.

"Is something the matter?" The director asked.

I nodded, slowly placing my fingers onto the collar of my black turtle neck and gently pulled it down to expose the bite mark. I tried to hold back my laugh when the man's eyes went wide with panic.

"Oh...it's just...Raphael insisted that we reshoot. He didn't like his take and..."

"Raphael is a jackass and I'd really like it if I didn't have to ever do another interview or scene with him again," I stated. I was still a little upset that he'd expose the fact that I had a pair bond. He was the reason we were even in this mess to begin with. The only positive was that Malachi finally claimed me.

"I understand your frustration with him, but he is a big part of this project. I can't just..."

"Then I'll sue the production company for harassment and defamation. That last interview was a set up. I mean...what audio engineer allows live microphones back stage? What kind of host ask personal questions like that. What studio allows a guy like Raphael to terrorize omegas like me because they're jealous. That would be one hell of a legal dispute, don't you agree?" I smirked, batting my eyelashes as the middle aged man. He seemed to go pale, quickly understanding that I wasn't some passive omega who'd let anyone step over him.  I was small, but I didn't get intimidated easily.

"Ummm...I understand Walker...please...enjoy the rest of your day!" He anxiously replied with a forced smile.

Malachi's P.O.V

I felt like my stomach was going to fall out of my ass at any moment. Walker's father was literally the most intimidating man I had ever encountered. Without even saying a word he was able to make me sweat bullets.

"I heard what you did backstage after the whole fiasco with Raphael," The Alpha's deep voice spoke. I wasn't able to tell if he thought what I did was a good thing or bad thing? He had the most unreadable body language known to man. He was the type of man to stay in one spot for few seconds before walking to another as he spoke.

"May I ask..." the man turned in my direction, his strong presence exuding an overwhelming dominance that reminded me of Walker when he was angry. "...who were you were raised by. I mean that in the most respectful of ways. Reacting in violence isn't always the right choice, but I'm aware of Raphael's advances at my son and a point needed to be made," the man explained as he glared at me.

"I was raised mostly by my mother, but she died of cancer a few years ago. My mother and father were never together, so they lived separate lives. When I went into my father's custody, I was sent off to boarding school for a few years. So I..."