Chapter 24: Intentions part 2

Malachi's P.O.V

As the evening the evening approached we all made our way to the outside dining area. Greetings went without any hiccups as dinner was finally served. Cherry wood smoked red snapper with a grapefruit glaze, grilled carrots and zucchini(courgette), Kokoda Ceviche, and a side of lime infused jasmine rice sat on all of our plates while homemade strawberry lemonade was poured into our glasses. I wasn't really one for overly sugary drinks, but found it to be way more tart and refreshing than sweet and it went well with the fish. We sat around a large acacia wood table that gave us a perfect view of the sun setting into the ocean in the distance. I could also feel a slightly breeze making it the perfect temperature to enjoy a delicious meal.

"Oh my gosh!" Walker gasped in delight at his first bite. I watched the omega's eyes roll to the back of his head as he tasted the fish. "This is heaven," he hummed happily.

"I feel like the only two things that make him do that are you and food," Dior joked, her eyes darting over in my direction after rolling dramatically. The table erupted into laughter while Walker seemed to be in his own little food dazed world. I was tempted to feed him myself but I was already teetering the lines of what appropriate by allowing Walker to sit next to me and grab at me when he wanted. He was still very much in need of me and ignoring his needs made him extremely touchy.

"So Aryan, how did you and Dior meet?" Etienne asked, changing the subject. We all shifted our attention to the quiet alpha who hadn't said a word.

"I'm a shy nerdy Indian boy with literally zero game. She's the confident one actually. She came up to me and told me that she knew I liked her and that she wanted to date me. You'd think she's the alpha," Aryan chuckled lightly. Etienne smirked looking over at his mate Oliver.

"Trust me, dating an alpha isn't exactly what you think it is. We're entirely to territorial for own good," he replied. He was right. I was extremely protective and obsessive over who Walker interacted with when it honestly didn't matter. He was the most protected boy in Hollywood. The only way to get close to him is if he liked you.

"I'm more of a lover kind of alpha. Dior really runs things," Aryan said, smiling lovingly at his girlfriend. Dior responded with a brief smirk, her demeanor seeming to become more passive.

"How did you two meet," the beta asked. I could sense a bit of tension in her voice but I wasn't sure if I was reading into things or if she genuinely felt uncomfortable about her and Aryan's relationship.

Etienne's entire face lit up as he began to explain how he literally bumped into Oliver by accident. Apparently his parents were attempting to convert him to their religious beliefs, but all they wound up doing was introducing him to Oliver's family.

Both Oliver and Etienne seemed to remember the story exactly how it was told, both alphas staring at each other the same way me and Walker stared at each other when we had nothing better to do.

As dinner progressed, silence fell over the table as we all dug into the food. Walker was the first to finish, excusing himself from the table before everyone else. As we all gathered our things we wished each other a good night and went our separate ways.

•••

When I woke that morning I found the other side of the bed empty and the sound of the shower cutting off. I quickly rolled out of bed to see Walker standing in the bathroom naked while drying himself off.

"Oh...did you sleep well?" He asked as I approached him.

"Yeah," I replied with a curious expression. Walker pulled on a pair of boxers along with some swimming trunks as he turned to me.

"I won't be gone to long. Me, Etienne, and Aryan are going to get massages. We'll be back before you know it," Walker smiled before standing on his tippy toes to kiss my cheek. Every part of me wanted to go with him, but I had planned to go ATV riding to see the rest of the island with Oliver later on and I wasn't sure when Walker would return.

"When were you gonna tell me about this?" I asked. The omega frowned at my tone, but didn't seem to care to much.

"We both know you hate being touched by anybody who isn't me," Walker replied. He was right. I didn't like massages from other people. They didn't know my body like Walker did.

I followed the omega back into the room, tempted to ruin his plans by making him hot and horny, but felt that it would be selfish of me to take advantage of him like that. He was here to enjoy himself and I didn't want to be the thing that ruined it for him.

"Malachi, don't worry. I'll make sure he's okay," Etienne smiled reassuringly as he appeared at the door that led into the hallway. I knew Etienne would always look out for Walker, so I wasn't really worried about letting Walker go somewhere on the island without me. I was more worried about being left alone with Dior. I got a weird vibe from her. I don't know what it was, but her eyes always lingered a little to long.

With a sigh I watched them leave, closing the door behind them. I turned to Dior, the look in her eyes confirming every suspicious I held in the moment I laid eyes on her.

"Why do you look so scared Malachi? A boy like you should never be scared of anything. In fact you should always take what they want. You should've told him to stay put and that he wasn't allowed out of your sight...or maybe you wanted it that way...I saw how you looked at me when I arrived..." I watched intently as Dior gracefully floated across the floor, letting her small hands feel my shoulder. "...maybe you needed a break from him. You're always so tense..." the girl squeezed my shoulder, making sure to feel how tight my arms were. "...you should be able to relax when you want to..with who you want..."

I gently pushed her away, feeling as if I needed to throw up. Dior was a beautiful girl, but I wasn't attracted to her. I wasn't even attracted to the thought of touching her or her touching me. What really bothered me the most was the fact that she was Walker's friend.

"What is it Malachi? Are scared of Walker finding out? He doesn't have to know. It's not like he has a choice anyways. You could fuck whoever you wanted and he'd come crawling back to you. His body literally won't allow him to walk away. You..."

I glared at the girl, shutting her up. She was sick in the head if she ever thought I'd hurt the one thing I cared about the most like that. "No, I'm scared of what he'll do when I tell him about you," I snapped. Dior seemed unfazed, her smirk growing in laughter.

"I'm totally kidding Malachi. I was just testing you. God, you don't have to be so scary. For a second I thought..." the girl paused again, this time her eyes widening at my presence alone.

Walker didn't play games like that because he understood how I felt about him already. There was no need to test me. That's how I knew whatever excuse she had would be complete bullshit.

"Stay away from me if you know what's good for you," I threatened.