Chapter 2: Him

Walker's P.O.V

"Good evening Walker, I've set aside your ice coffee and script for tomorrow in your room. Raphael also called. He wanted to go over some lines with you," my live- in assistant notified me the moment I walked through my front door. I lived a few miles away from the studio on a private lot with tons of security. My father was highly protective of me and refused to let me live on my own while chasing my career, so he spent a pretty penny to make sure I was safe.

"Thanks Blair, can you call Raphael back and tell him tomorrow shoots are postponed until next week. Malachi had an incident on set today and the staff wants to make sure he's emotionally prepared to continue," I notified her. I turned towards the woman, now facing her. She had long dark brunette hair and soft features that made her very easy on the eyes. Sometimes I wondered why she decided to work for my family. Blair wasn't just my assistant. She was my manager, guardian, chef, butler, really anything I needed her to be. She was in her early 30's and was essentially hired by my family to look after me, while I was away from them. Both of my parents had busier schedules than me which resulted in us being separated for long periods of time.

"I'll notify him..." her soft light brown eyes looked over me with curiosity, probably taking note of my immediate awkwardness. I didn't hide how I was feeling very well from her. "Is everything okay?" She asked.

I shrugged, not really knowing. I felt weird. Not in like a bad way, but like in a I don't know what's going on way. There were so many rumors floating around about my dating life. I couldn't even go outside after the first episode of Percy Jackson released and everyone assumed I was dating Charlie Bushnell or Aryan Simhadri. It's all anyone wanted to know. On top of that Raphael consistently called to go over lines or work out scripts behind the scenes when we didn't need to. I knew it was just a ploy to get closer to me so he could court me. I mean he was a nice guy and extremely respectful about my personal space, but I didn't like him in that way. His small advances at me were obvious, but I could tell he wanted status more than a relationship. It was the same with Charlie. They all wanted to show me off like a trophy to the media and lived to be in the spotlight. I wanted to avoid it at all costs. I didn't choose to be famous. I chose to do what I loved which sort of resulted in my fame.

"Remember when I told you that I'd never ever date?" I sighed, feeling as though maybe this wasn't the time to have this conversation. Blair was widely protective of me. Even more so than the security my family hired and possibly my father.

"Don't tell me you've met someone. Is it Raphael," the woman paused, making her judgement of him swiftly. "...He's handsome, but a little obsessed with you. Wait, if it's who I think it is I forbid you from ever speaking to Charlie again. He's always in drama and..."

"Blair! Calm down. I'm not seeing anyone. I was just thinking that maybe I should put myself out there," I explained.

"So you want to start dating?" She asked with wide eyes. I felt like if I said yes she'd literally start searching for the most perfect prospect the moment I let her go. It was a dream of her for me to be with some handsome alpha who'd do anything I asked him.

"I don't know. Today made me realize some things. The whole Malachi situation. He's so..." I thought for second, finding my face burning at the thought of him. The way he looked at me on set. He was so lost in my eyes. It didn't hit me until after everything happened and I was on my way home. The look of absolute adoration. Normally when Alphas looked at me I could tell what they wanted, but with Malachi it was pure. He was pure. It was like I just understood through his body language that he wouldn't hurt me.
He was so soft. It was in the way he never overstepped and always made sure I was comfortable with him in the room. I had experienced so many boys desperately and quite literally throwing themselves at me without any consideration to my personal space and privacy. Malachi was different from them. He admired me from a far. In fact, he was probably too shy to ever bring up the fact that he liked me. I knew he did. I always knew when someone was interested, but he was the first boy to really be mindful of how I felt. He was also the first boy to confuse me. When he was around I felt different. Like if I talked to him for to long I'd say the wrong thing and he'd hate me forever. It was like I truly cared about what he thought and I didn't know why.