22. .

"Arianna stay here and don't come out till I come for you ok

"Arianna stay here and don't come out till I come for you ok." My mum's voice laced with fear and panic in her eyes.

I nod wrapping my arms around my legs as I squeeze in the small closet. My mum kisses me on the forehead and shut the closet door shut. I peeped through the the small space on the door and saw my mum leave the room as she took a scissors with her.

I am really scared. I thought this day would never come in my life but I guess I am always so wrong to this extent. I cover my ears as the noise of shattering glasses became so loud.

I could hear my mum's yelling as a loud thud followed right after. I wanted to go out and help her but stayed back because of her instructions.

Suddenly everywhere became quiet, so quiet the only sound I heard were the shaking noises of the windows due to the storm coming, lightening reflecting on the windows making me wrap my arms around my body.

The sound of footsteps echoing in the room. I clamp my mouth with my palm holding in the sob threatening to escape. My body stiff as I dared not to make any sounds, the door suddenly opens revealing the monster that never wants to leave our lives.

I shook my head visiously as his hands grabbed my hair dragging me out of the closet.

Where is my mum?

Is she safe?

Are we gonna die today?

All this questions clouding my thoughts. The hold on my hair pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Please no."

"No! No!"

"Let go please."

"Please. Nooooo!"

No!

I jolt from the bed, my body covered in sweat even with the air conditioner on. That was a nightmare. Again.

The nightmare that has hunted me for years. I wipe the sweat off my forehead with the back of my hand as I touched my clothes that were drenched in sweat.

I checked the time on my phone-- 5am sharp. I sigh knowing anytime I have this nightmares, the time is always 5 in the morning and I don't know why.

I increased the a.c and lay back down trying to get some few minutes of peaceful sleep before I go to work.

The ringing of my alarm wakes me up this time. I get out of the bed feeling a little better than before. I entered the bathroom and did my morning routine putting on my clothes and a little makeup with lip gloss.

I looked at the mirror, telling myself to forget all the memories of my nightmares, they were all in the past never to return again.

I hope.