Chapter Twenty-One

ROUSSEAU'S

The next day, in the half empty bar, Christy is sitting at the bar counter with her bottle of hard cider.

{Christy's Outfit}

"Hey, Christy." Josh greeted her with a polite smile.

"Hey, Josh." Christy greeted him back with a polite smile. "How've you been?"

"Pretty good." Josh replied. "How've you been?"

"Pretty good myself." Christy told him, taking a small sip of her hard cider. "Is Declan around?"

"Um, I don't think so, but he's usually here in the kitchen." Josh told her.

And then, Declan walks inside the bar with his shoulder bag, causing both Josh and Christy to look at him.

"Hey, Declan." Christy greeted him with a small smile. "I was just wondering if you were here, and voila, here you are."

"Here I am." Declan said, and slowly walks up to the bar counter. "It's good to see you, Christy. You too, Josh."

And then, some more customers arrives inside the bar.

"I gotta go." Christy said, drinking the rest of her bottle of cider. "I'll see you two around."

"You too, Christy." Josh said.

And Christy gets up and walks away.

⚜️⚜️

TEMPLE OF THE ELDER GODS AND GODDESS

Ana and Christy slowly walks inside the temple. Ana looks around at the statues and sculptures of the Elder Gods and Goddess.

"Fascinating, isn't it?" Christy asked.

"Yeah." Ana replied.

Ana and Christy exchange chuckles with each other.

"So, you're the Chosen One, must be pretty cool." Ana said with a small smile.

"Yeah, it is." Christy said.

Ana and Christy slowly walks up to the steps and sits down next to each other.

"I'm proud of you too." Ana said, expressing her proudness for her best friend. "You've earned your legendary status as the Orasanian Warrior Hero, Christy."

"I know." Christy said with a small smile. "Both of my parents have had their shares of battles, and now, so have I."

Ana and Christy exchange small smiles at each other.