Chapter Twenty-Two

THE BAYOU / CRESCENT HOUSE

The next day, Callahan, Christy and Keelin are sitting on the porch with their to-go cups of coffee.

Callahan and Keelin have to-go coffee cups of coffee and Christy has her usual to-go cup of caramel latte.

{Christy's Outfit}

"So, how are The Crescent Wolves?" Christy asked both Callahan and Keelin.

"They're good." Keelin replied. "As you may already know, that Callahan and I are the Crescent Alpha and Beta of the Crescent Wolves."

"Yeah, I do." Christy said, taking a small sip of her caramel latte.

Callahan checks his watch and drinks the rest of his coffee. "I have to go to work at St. Theodora, I'll see you guys around, Christy, Keelin."

"You too, Cal." Keelin said.

And Callahan gets up, walking away.

⚜️⚜️

Now, inside the living room of the Crescent House, Keelin and Christy are sitting at the kitchen countertop.

"Do you and Callahan take turns with shifts at St. Theodora?" Christy asked.

"We do. Callahan does the morning, and I do the afternoon." Keelin told her.

"You guys make a good team." Christy said with a small smile.

And Keelin small smiles back at Christy. "Yeah, we do."

"What was the couple nickname for you and Callahan?" Christy asked with a small smile.

"I don't know." Keelin replied.

"How about " 'Caleelin' ", that sounds cute, right?" Christy said.

"Yeah, sounds cute." Keelin said.

"And besides, you and Callahan are the Crescent Wolves Alpha and Beta." Christy said.

Keelin and Christy exchange small smiles at each other.

"Callahan and I visited the Museum of Orasanian Mythology." Keelin mentioned with a small smile. "I'm happy for you, Christy."

"Thanks, Keelin." Christy thanked her with a small smile. "You're an amazing best friend."

"So are you." Keelin said.

Keelin and Christy exchange small smiles at each other.

⚜️⚜️

ROUSSEAU'S

Later that day, Christy sits at the bar counter, taking small sips of her bottle of cider.

Christy's phone buzzes in her pants pocket. She takes her phone out and looks at it.