Chapter twenty four.

Chapter twenty four, Four Five One

"THE ART OF KINTSUGI."

    ADA TARTT LOOKED LIKE A CHILD ON CHRISTMAS, That was how Trent Crimm planned on opening this specific chapter of his upcoming book

    ADA TARTT LOOKED LIKE A CHILD ON CHRISTMAS, That was how Trent Crimm planned on opening this specific chapter of his upcoming book. She was stood before the tactical whiteboard, shifting on her tiptoes and biting back an obvious enough grin. Today was the day that Zava would be joining the team (a groundbreaking event which was triggered by Rebecca Welton's urinal confrontation; she'd called the man an overrated chicken shit, and after catching a heady waft of his stream, she also thought to critique his asparagus intake), and whilst the players were undoubtedly thrilled, there were very few who matched Ada in enthusiasm.

   With them now sharing a desk, Trent was able to gain some noninvasive insight. As per her own recounting, Ada Tartt first heard the name Zava when she was but a young girl. He'd played for many teams in his fifteen years as an athlete, and had spent a memorable season at Etihad Campus, serving as a match defining striker for the formidable Manchester City (the team that all Tartts bled for). She said that he was one of the reasons her heart was set on becoming a striker. There were many other contributing factors, of course, like the fact that that her father had once played as forward, but, still, Zava's impact was undeniable; Mia Hamm made the defining indent, but he helped contribute to the pouring of the cement.

   He was never her favourite player (which, in Ada Tartt terms, meant that he'd never secured a place on her poster wall), but there was no denying that Zava was an icon. It would border on a religious experience, having him here. Nelson Road would feel like a church – but rather than be surrounded by immortalised figurines made of different woods and golds, they'd be near an icon who was made of actual flesh and bone.

   "Okay, so, obviously Zava's gonna be moving into our starting lineup." Ted mused, knocking his fist against the whiteboard. Circular blue magnets were used to represent the players, and they were currently structured in the simple, but effective, two four five formation – the same tactical position that had been suggested by Roy Kent, who was now stood to Ada's left. "Which means, if my maths. . ."