Chapter fifteen.

Chapter fifteen, Rainbow

"AFRAID TO HURT MY FEELINGS."

   "OH, FUCKING HELL

"OH, FUCKING HELL." Ada mumbled under her breath, eyes trained on the projected showing of last week's match. Having just wrapped up a three hour training session, the team and their coaches were now sat in the clubhouse's media room, going over every televised snippet from the admittedly tragic game.

   Richmond had taken on Bradford City, and it was in the forty sixth minute that they were given the chance to turn the even nil-nil into a win and finally up their Championship stats. The ball had been launched into the box, where both Jan Maas and Bradford's striker were wide open. But Jan Maas' defensive stance wobbled – as did his entire upper body, hence the embarrassing slip which cost them the match.

    Ada and Beard simultaneously grimaced as they watched it happen all over again, this time in slow motion; the Dutchman stretched his leg out too far, and he ended up hitting the grass rather than, well, the ball.

    "Jan Maas," Isaac gruffly snapped from his seat in the front row. "That's shit defending!"

    "Yes, that goal was entirely my fault." The blonde conceded, never one to shy away from the honest truth.

    "I don't wanna hear it! We need to get our shit together!"

    Ada raised an eyebrow, lifting her head from Nate's shoulder in order to address the room full of footballers. "Hey, how about we discuss why Jan Maas did what he did, yeah? Fucking learn from it?"

    The team turned to her. She was sat between Nate and Ted, with Beard on Ted's right. The four coaches had spent days going over this game, studying every mistake and trying to pinpoint every flaw. Richmond was now tallying up five losses, four wins, and one too many ties; they were desperate to find out how they could change that, hopefully in time for tomorrow's match.

    "Jan, you were overthinking." She focused her gaze on the man in question. He was sat right next to her twin brother in the second row. "And that's because you made time to overthink. For fuck's sake, you kicked the ball in the fifteenth minute and it only just hit the net this morning."