** Chapter three.

Chapter three, Trent Crimm the Independent

"THE MANY ROLES OF EDA TARR."

** the original chapter recently got erased from wattpad — this is the rewritten version :(

got erased from wattpad this is
the rewritten version :(

ADA HAD BEEN STANDING THERE FOR NEIGH AN HOUR – Back straight, face blank, waiting for the whole thing to end. They'd asked her to pose and smile many a time, she knew that, but all the sounds entering her ears were muffled; the directions being called out by the photographer, the clicking of the camera, the buzzing of the ring lights. Even the occasional cough coming from the woman in charge of hairspray.

All of it was cloudy.

None of it felt real.

   Her head ached and her eyes burned. And she could blame it all on the flashing lights, yes, but no doubt it was all due to a lack of sleep as well. She had spent the last four or so nights coming up with plays alongside Ted and Beard – something Ada swore she would only do that one time at Mae's pub.

   But that was before Richmond lost the match against Crystal Palace.

  Before she went into that locker room and saw everyone look so dejected.

A part of Ada truly believed (humble and not so humble was this belief) that she could have helped change the outcome of the game had she truly tried. And it was the reason why she was now willing to contribute more. Why she was willing to be more generous with her resources; like loaning her archived knowledge to two lost coaches, or even just giving a homesick Sam Obisanya a birthday gift.

   (And, no, she didn't give him that watch because of the gut twisting look Roy Kent gave her on the pitch. That would make no sense. Because she didn't care about anything Roy Kent said or did. Couldn't have given less of a shit about his opinion of her.

   Hence why she stole his watch to give away.

   Which was not to say that she stole it for the sole purpose of making the gesture seem any less genuine or sincere. Because that would actually mean that she did, in fact, care.