Chapter nine.

Chapter nine, All Apologies

"PREACHER & NONBELIEVER."

   "WAIT, STOP FOR A SECOND

   "WAIT, STOP FOR A SECOND."

   Roy stilled, the damp cloth in his hand now hovering over her stained abdomen as they met eyes. He raised an eyebrow as Ada, still naked, and still coated in both sweat and seed, unpropped her pillow from the headboard so that she could lay down properly.

She then stared up at him with her head tilted, as if she were looking for something.

"Sorry, just," The girl mumbled, reaching a hand out and grabbing his chin. She moved his head slightly to the left, only releasing him when she was satisfied with his new position. "There. Something so familiar about this. Like, I'm getting serious déjà vu."

"It's not fucking déjà vu if you notice similarities between right now and last night." Roy said in vague amusement, wiping away the last of his spill before placing a soft kiss on her stomach. "And the fucking night before that."

      "And the night before that." Ada smirked cheekily as she continued studying him. "Wow, it's been a lot of nights, really. You should fuck off and go home before I get bored of you."

    Roy was barely at his own house these days, and it was weird for both of them, how fast time was flying. It felt like not a single day had gone by since their first date, but the truth was that it was over two weeks ago that Ada confronted Rebecca – and therefore over two weeks since he first spent the night.

He had come over that same day, straight after training, and his intention had been to comfort and do nought else – because they truly had been trying to take things slow. But then they were sitting very close together on the couch. And then she was telling him about her fond childhood memories. And then Roy was attempting to make the cakes she grew up eating, hoping to make up for the dinner they didn't have the night before. And then he failed at baking. And she kissed him for his effort. Kissed him in a way he'd never been kissed before, not in all his years. And the next thing he knew, Ada was dragging him upstairs.