Chapter twenty.

Chapter twenty, Midnight Train to Royston

Chapter twenty,
Midnight Train to Royston.
IT'S THE TASTE OF BETRAYAL.

A/N: Shorter than usual because this was a very Sam focused episode (which is fun to watch but hard to write an original character into) soooo yeah, remember to vote because I tried lol

this was a very Sam focused episode
(which is fun to watch but hard to write
an original character into) soooo yeah, remember to vote because I tried lol.
Also season three is ONE CHAPTER
away which so actually insane!!!

THERE WERE MANY PLACES THAT ADA TARRT CONSIDERED SACRED. The first was the council home in which she grew up; the soft glow emitting from the aged lightbulbs, the wooden staircase credited for meting out many scars and stitches to twin arms and knees, the little bedroom that she and Jamie had shared their entire lives, her mother's warm greeting echoing around the cluttered foyer whenever she came home from work.

   The second place was the football pitch. There were a few, of course, like the one that she used to play on as a child (dry grass, mismatched kits, the rowdiest of teammates and opponents), the fields of Etihad Campus (the grass where she and her brother were professionally trained, and where they both played their first televised home games), Arsenal Training Centre (the pitch where she grew as a player and where she earned her notoriety), and the dog track where she now spent six days of her week (she stood alongside her family on the sidelines, watching as the rest of her family trained and competed).

The third place was wherever Roy Kent was. Because everything about him was sacred. He was the safest space. His eyes were warm and his tongue was cool. His kisses were bruising but his love was gentle. His arms were strong and his chest was hard and he always promised security.

   (He was all she ever wanted.)

The fourth place was here and now; Rebecca Welton's office right before morning training. Ada's routine usually varied, and it was heavily dependent on the coaching schedule posted outside the locker room, but there was always enough time for her and Keeley Jones to pop by the aforementioned office and chat.

    Which brought us to the fifth place that she considered to be unbeatable and hallowed – or, well, it was less of a place and more of a position. Ada found it a great comfort to lay on this expensive, window-side couch with her head on her best friend's lap.