Chapter fourteen.

Chapter fourteen, Carol of the Bells

HOW THE FINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS!

    ADA DIDN'T KEEP COUNT OF HOW MANY TIMES She hit the snooze button on her alarm clock this morning, because that meant she would've had to count how many times Roy Kent told her to keep pressing it – which was impossible to track while he was p...

    ADA DIDN'T KEEP COUNT OF HOW MANY TIMES She hit the snooze button on her alarm clock this morning, because that meant she would've had to count how many times Roy Kent told her to keep pressing it – which was impossible to track while he was pumping inside her and ravishing her throat and kissing her mouth and murmuring his praises.

   "I love you."

    She stared up at him, her smile lazy and her eyes teary from intense passion and exertion. "Yeah?"

    Roy's pupils were blown. "I love you."

    (She loved hearing it.)

    Ada cupped her back of his neck and gently pulled him closer, pressing a tender kiss to his dewy forehead once he was within reach. "I have to go." She mumbled against his flushed skin.

    "Five more minutes."

     And she listened. Because it was Roy. And because sex with Roy was like diving into the deepest parts of the ocean; she couldn't hear anything or see anything and she couldn't breathe, but there was a sick thrill that came with knowing nobody else experienced it the way she did. Her boyfriend had been with many women before her, that was obvious enough, but those women weren't her, and the Roy they'd been with wasn't her Roy – the ocean wasn't an uncharted body by any means, but tides ensured that one never swam in the same ocean twice.

    "Five more minutes." He said, again.

     And she listened, again. Because she loved how openly needy he got when his blood was rushing. And because it was morning, and morning sex was the best, especially when you knew that you wouldn't be sleeping together come nightfall (they would be spending the night in Ada's childhood bedroom and would therefore have to reign in their fervent desires – something they'd never actually done before).

     "Five more minutes," He whispered once more. "I love you. Just five more minutes. I love you."

      (He loved saying it.)