some emotions were let loose

third person's pov

it's been a week since the birthday party happened and four days since the whole carl buford thing, and emily being dead. no one suspected and expected it to happen. sydney knew how upset her dad was about this, as they were close, like brother-sister close, and now that's gone.

"are you sure that she's dead?" spencer asked as he came into sydney's den unannounced. how rude.

"hi, to you too, and far as i know, yes." sydney says to her dad as she hears him sigh.

"okay, wow, i can't believe she's dead." spencer says as his mind is going insane and it's everywhere. so bad that it's causing him to have a migraine of a headache. he would take some more tylenol, but it's an addictive drug, and he doesn't want to be addicted to drugs again. so he has to wait a full twenty-four hours.

"yeah, no kidding," sydney says to him as she still can't believe that beth is dead. (amelia and annie's mom). she then looked up at her dad, which resulted in him looking at her. "does that mean i get her position? or is some rando gonna replace her?"

it took spencer a couple of moments to realize what she was talking about. as sydney's ultimate goal is to become the unit chief, which is hotch's job. she wants to become a unit chief so she can boss people around. which sounds like sydney anyway.

"no you just want hotch's job so you can boss morgan around." spencer says, which made her frown as he took the fun out of it. which he has a tendency to do. she frowned at him as she took a sip from her dr. pepper.

"can i go back to reading harry potter without interruptions? somebody interrupted me. which was rude, by the way. thank you very much." sydney says to her dad as despite his mood and emotions right now, he smiles. syd could always make him smile no matter what. she's the light in the darkness of his life.

"haven't you read those books enough? you can quote the books and the movies." spencer says, proving sydney's point, but she wasn't gonna admit it.

she gives him a blinking look before she grabs the book and shields her face with the book. spencer couldn't help but smile as he stepped towards his daughter and kissed her head and whispered in her ear: "love you, baby." he says to her as she has a soft smile as he is the only person who calls her 'baby'. after the sweet moment, he left sydney's den and went towards the others as they had a case.

after two hours, it was quiet at the bau, which it almost never was. sydney is trying to keep herself together as she's been bottling up her emotions, which she has been trying not to do. what broke her out of her thoughts was her phone ringing without looking to see who it was, she answered it. not caring either way.

"hey, baby." was the voice that made sydney's neck hairs stand up immediately as it was her mother.

"hey." sydney replies back, not having the willpower of saying any sarcastic comments as she isn't in the mood.

"what's wrong? are you crying?" cat asked her daughter as she has her daughters number memorized.

"it's hard, life is hard, mom." sydney says as cat froze as sydney never called her mom.

"why do you say that, baby?" she asks her daughter as sydney broke down in tears, not caring as no one else besides her mother can hear her crying.