today was a day...i'm suspended...and grounded...yay....all before dinner

Sydney's POV

For as long as I have been in school Dad has always told me that school is important, especially your last two years of high school and before college. Which of course I'm going to Yale. To be like Dad. I've been talking about going to Yale since I was little. So far, life as a teenager is going good so far. That's until I'm paired with Amelia Wilson. The sister of Annie. Aka my best friend.

Me and Amelia are two polar opposites of personalities. I like following the rules to some degree and Amelia. Well she just doesn't care. I was slowly losing my spot as the smartest person in class to Amelia who is high in nerdiness. Like her father Spencer. Which means competition.

I was in the library with Amelia the girl who I had been disliking for as long as I could remember. It's a pain always seeing Amelia but at least there's Annie to back me up. So that's the another bonus. Okay, the only bonus.

Just like per usual Amelia is making me do all of the work because she just doesn't want to do the essay. I roll my eyes as I'm doing the research part of it, even if I know it. I just don't wanna make it too obvious that I'm smart.

"Getting a head start on the essay?" Amelia asks taking a seat next to me, making me bite my cheek from keeping me out of trouble.

"Never hurts to finish early." I mumble hoping that she would take the hint and leave me alone.

I look over my shoulder and see that of course she didn't leave as she leaned over my shoulder to look at the computer screen. "Hmm?" She says raising her eyebrows up in confusion. I know what Amelia is trying to do, as I am the daughter of a profiler after all. She was trying to sike me out.

"What?" I ask quickly getting annoyed with Amelia.

Amelia shook her head as I tried to keep my composure. "Oh nothing. I just didn't interrupt the essay the way you are."

"At least I'm doing mine. Unlike you." I say as I went back to the research of the essay.

"I guess we'll see who's right in a week."

"Can you just leave me alone." I snapped. "Go work on your own paper elsewhere."

She shrugged and stood up. As she pushed in her chair and walked away I felt something bump into me making me drop the papers that was in my hand and onto the floor. Sick and tired of her, I sprung from my chair and threw a punch at her. She turned around and threw it back.

In a short few minutes the librarian came and separated the two of us. She walked us to the office. I was sent to the nurses office while Amelia was sent to the principal to give her side of the story. Which was most likely likes and making me the bad person. Knowing Amelia that's exactly what she did.

When I turned around to see the disappointed look on Dad's face, I was shocked when I saw Derek. That means that Dad is on a case, or something. I knew that I would get into trouble either way, whether it was Dad or whoever picked me up from school. I grabbed my stuff and said bye to Annie. I'm guessing Derek already signed me out and he started walking out of the building.

I followed closely behind and tried to get him to stop. "I'm sorry." I say to him as we got to the truck. I got in and Derek put my stuff in the back.