what the hell are you doing here?

Sydney's POV

After I heard her voice, I froze. I didn't know what to do or what to say. I was like a deer in the headlights.

"Baby."

"Don't call me that."

"You love when I call you that, don't you, babygirl."

I rolled my eyes as she is making zero sense. What part of 'don't call me that' do you not understand. I don't like when she calls me that. Only Dad. And Uncle Derek. Not one of them is her.

"You good, Syd?" I hear Dad ask as I hung up so fast I knew it was suspicious. I couldn't get the words to come out right away as my jaw tightened as I had tears brinking in my eyes. 

"Bad news. The she-demon is here." He knew exactly who I was talking about. Otherwise why would I act this way.

"What?!" Dad exclaimed as I took a step behind me, as it scares me when he does that.

"That's who called. I thought it was Rossi again. T-then I-I h-head h-her." I say as a stuttering fucking mess. I feel myself shaking as last time I checked she was in prison and being executed or something. I didn't pay attention to the news. Matter of fact, I don't.

"It's okay. Stay by me, you'll be alright." He says to me as he took in my features. I nearly flinched when he kissed my forehead before he made his way to the front door with me behind him like a lost puppy.

I almost didn't want him to open the door. Is that bad. I had my hands in my hoodie pocket, as I saw Dad opening the door. Let me tell you the she-demon was there. Smirking, happy, with a sadistic smile on her face.

I could tell that Dad was the opposite of her that's for sure. I avoided eye contact with her as I could bring myself to look at her. I started gnawing the bottom on my lip, not caring if it would be bruised later.

"Catherine." Dad says with his voice calm but yet raised at the same time. I saw that mom's smile was getting wider by the second, as it was starting to get creepy.

Now you know why she's in my literal fucking nightmares. She's creepy. Also very haunting. I bet you, that Dad has nightmares of her too. If he does, can't imagine why.

"Spencie." She says as I looked down to the ground avoiding eye contact. I do it to avoid awkward situations. I felt her beaty eyes looking at me. She went to walk to me, but Dad stopped her. "Baby."

"Don't call me that." I tell her like I said on the phone moments earlier.

"I can call you whatever I want." She says to me as me and Dad made eye contact he gave me a reassuringly look, meaning it was safe. "Give your mommy a hug." She says as I scrunched my eyebrows, as I slowly walked towards her. Dad took a step behind her but still close enough to where if she were to do something that he'd still be close enough. When I got within arm's reach I gave her a hug fulfilling her wishes. "I missed you baby girl." She says as I gently patted her back, as Dad know how uncomfortable I am.

After thr hug which felt like forever, I lulled away. She was rubbing my arm then the other one she was squeezing. I was getting uncomfortable. I glanced at Dad and he was gone. I cursed mentally as mom made me look at her. Forced me mind you. She forced me against a wall and I felt some pierce my back but I kept my composure.