daughter frames the father

Third Person's POV

Sydney was dead when she arrived at the round table. She was lucky that she hadn't fallen on her face while walking like she's drunk. Then again she can't walk straight if her life depended on it. The team had been called in for another case four days after Bethany died from her car accident. They had been listening in on a recording of a phone call from a father about his missing daughters.

Hotch paused the recording. "That call came in an hour ago." He tells them as Sydney yawns as she's doing the headnods. "How does a single father lose his daughter's for 36 hours?" JJ questioned.

"He doesn't." Rossi tells. "He loses them on Monday, but he calls on Wednesday? If anything, he sounds like the suspect." Sydney says despite her being in the current state she is in right now.

"His girls are gone. He doesn't blame anyone." JJ tells her.

"And he doesn't use ant buzzwords first responders are trained to hear. He never says missing, abducted, runaway." Derek says.

"Maybe that'd what they did, though. Maybe they ran away." Penelope tells.

"There's no history of that." Rossi tells.

"The likelihood of a stranger abduction in a neighborhood like this is rare. I've counted 7 turns from the entrance to their driveway. No one just stumbled onto the house." Spencer explained as Sydney yawned once again.

"And where's the mother? Could this be a parental child abduction?" Sydney asks as she knows how that feels like too.

"Uh, doubtful." Hotch says. "Exactly one year ago today he made this call." He says as he plays yet another recording. "She's also been missing for two days before he contacted authorities, and she's never been found."

"This man is either the victim of a serial offender or he is one." Rossi says. "Please tell me this guy's in custody." Morgan says.

"The Salisbury police are at his home and they've been there since the call came in." Hotch says.

"There are hard copies and tablet copies of both the case files on the plane." Penelope explained as Spencer handed Sydneya file and a map he used for the geographical area sk shed help out on that. "It's a short flight to the eastern shore. The be more when you land."

On the jet, the team bad been going over thr family mine and what occurred before the abductions. "Bruce and Judy Morrison were well liked and active in the community. All signs point to them living a quiet life." JJ explains as Spencer hands Sydney a coffee mug which she faintly smiled for as it had coffee with whipped cream and sprinkles. She loves it.

"He's a writer and a professor, and it looks like she got to real estate a few years ago." Derek points out.

"'02, before the market crashed." Rossi says. "Well, ten years ago Judy had an affair with a co-worker Jeff Godwin." JJ reads. "That was discovered in the investigation but never made it in the papers."

"Bruce Morrison was a prime suspect, but they nev3 found any evidence and the affair wasn't deemed enough of a motive. The university's put him on sabbatical since then." Hotch explains.

"He's been writing forever, and he's been teaching since 1985. Transcript says he was grief-stricken and couldn't handle the pressure. Hm, wonder why?" Sydney says not caring if she has whipped cream on her lip.