apparently the zodiac is back? whatever that means

Third Person's POV

Sydney joined her Dad as they were currently at an FBI seminar in Illinois. Patricia Cornwell was just finishing up her part. "In the end, I just write about violent crime. The real heroes are the people here beside me. Now give a warm welcome to our next speaker, Dr. Spencer Reid from the BAU."

Sydney clapped for her Dad as he turned back at her and she gave him a rare bright smile, Spencer had a small smile as he stood up and took over for the panel. "Thank you. Thanks, Patricia Cornwell, ladies and gentlemen. Ms. Cornwell will be signing books at the end of the session." The microphone was now recieving feedback. "Sorry. Um..hi. I am here today to talk to you about paraphilias and their relation to violent crime. Does anybody know what dendrophilia is?" No one but Sydney knew the answer but she didn't say anything. She mumbled the answer from under her breath. "Yes, a fet-ish for trees."

Sydney got bored during the rest of the seminar, so she had her headphones on her ears. She was of course listening to Taylor Swift. She was minding her business as she was writing in her journal, which she's been trying to do for a while now, but didn't really have any motivation to do so. 

After the seminar was over Sydney was already on her sixth cup of coffee and she was starting to be bouncing off the walls. She was watching a murder documentary and it had some creepy random facts in it. She's always intrigued by random facts, as it's her and her Dad's thing. It's weird, creepy and funny at the same time. Though Syd's random facts are most likely serial killers and or murder stuff.

"Guess what I was watching?"

"What?" He asked her as they walked out of the room, as Spencer raised his eyebrow slightly at how energetic his daughter is. He would glance at her every couple minutes and each time she was downing a cup of coffee. "How much coffee have you had?"

"We're not gonna talk about that, but anywho. Jeffrey Dahmer gave the people in his apartment building sandwiches that was made from his victim's flesh." Sydney said as a people who overheard the conversation gave her weird looks but she didn't care.

"Not creepy at all, but okay."

"Ted Bundy worked at a suicide hotline center, so the police didn't suspect that he was killing these people." Sydney said as Spencer shook his head a little with a small smile on his face. 

"How do you know this?" He asked her as they walked out of the building and before Sydney could respond he had received a text message from Hotch saying they had a case in San Francisco, relating to the Zodiac Killer. Sydney was confused as the Zodiac Killer was long gone. Hotch had ordered for Spencer to meet at the crime scene with Emily and JJ.

Soon enough, they had gotten there. The crime scene looked similar to one of the murders from the Zodiac Killer. Spencer walked up to the crime scene and flashed his badge. "Have any letters or ciphers been received?" Spencer questioned as he and Sydney met up with Hotch, Emily and JJ and also an agent in charge. 

Sydney was a couple steps behind her Dad and the others to make it so that she's not walking exactly behind them. She put her hoodie and sunglasses on as it's sunny in San Francisco. 

"How was the conference?" JJ asked her friend. "Enlightening." Reid told her with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"Has the unsub made any contact?" Reid asked, changing the subject for the time being.