one of many of their arguments

Sydney's POV

It was a rather slow day at the BAU, which was a good thing for me because that gave me to do the worst subject of all humanity. Physics. Or science if you don't know what it is.

Or what Dad doesn't know the only class I'm failing. I have a 'F' and yeah. Everytime I get my report card I'd skillfully change it from an 'F' to an 'A'. He doesn't know about that which is a good thing. You think that being the daughter of a genius that you'd get good grades. Well reality check, you don't.

"This is hopeless! Ugh!" I sigh as I rip out the piece of paper of what I think is the answer but it's not.

"What's hopeless?" I heard a voice as I took off my headphones, and I scream at myself as it was Dad who said that.

"Try doing physics, and then come back to me." I say to him as I went to take the last cheeto from its bag and it was the last one.

"Your stressing aren't you?" He asked so calmly as I knew immediately that he was reading me. Ugh. Can't he just leave.

"How'd you guess that?" I asked highly sarcastically as I wasn't in the mood, plus I don't want dad to know I was on the verge of failing Physics.

"Is it obvious you have a pile of paper in the corner." He said as I give him a look.

"...and?"

"Lemme help you." He says as I sigh as he was gonna make it easy and then bam it would be the most obvious answer.

"Fine."

Not even ten minutes of carefully explaining it to me, it wasn't that hard as I was making it seem. I was just doubting myself and not concentrating. Which is typical. I never concentrate, I have the attention span of a squirrel. Or more precise a potato. Once it falls my ass is gone.

"Are you sure your okay?" He asks as we are chilling in my den.

"Yeah." I say suspiciously fast at least to me it is. He doesn't question it because his phone rang which meant one thing. Maeve. I still don't like her. She woke me up from my nap a week ago. Right? Eh what the fuck, I don't remember anymore. See I forget shit, okay.

Not too long after he left to talk to her I took out my journal and began to journal. It's sorta calming as in the background I had some relaxing music. About six minutes later, I saw Dad coming back inside the room.

"Can re cancel, Syd?"

"Cancel what?"

"Movie night, please." He says practically begging as I sighed knowing probably what happened. Maeve called Dad and they made plans the night of our annual movie night. It broke my heart but I didn't want to say anything about it.

"Yeah its fine." I say ignoring what was just said between us. I wanted to avoid it as I cleared my throat and went back to journaling.

"You sure, just making sure?" He asks as I closed my eyes to keep the tears inside and luckily my hair fell shielding him from looking at my eyes. Which is a good thing because the last thing that I want is him seeing me on the verge of tears.

"Of course. Go have your fun with whatever." I tell him hoping that he'd change the subject. I muster the smallest smile as he kissed my head before grabbing his phone again and I'm assuming calling Maeve again.