a lil intro of my bean sydney

Third Person's POV

One of Sydney Reid's pet peeves is people assuming that her family was normal. That's one of the things that she cannot stands, that and not being able to enjoy her life because of her mother. The one and the only Catherine Adams. The person literally from Sydney's nightmares. Is it sad that her mother is in her nightmares. It's another reason why she's always sleep deprived.

She'll literally stay up to three in the morning thinking that her mother would try to strangle her. Which she has done before. Her mother is in a criminal gang with a lengthy list of crimes that she's committed. Which good majority is murder among other crimes. Sometimes she wishes that Cat wasn't her mother. Is that a bad thing? Who could blame her through. 

She turns on her bedroom light as it was dark in her room and she screamed when she saw her Dad. Standing by her doorframe. "Don't do that at all."

"Sorry, hey you good?"

"Don't ask that question."

"Take that as terrible."

"Ding, ding we have a winner. So why'd you give me a heart attack."

"Can't a father see her daughter?" He asks her teasingly as she shook her head a little as Spencer chuckled at her as she does have a sense of humor. It's rare for people to hear it as she has trust issues. Major, no thanks to her mother, but than the God's she has her father to lie back on.

If she didn't have her Dad she'd probably be in a psych ward, which she has numerous times because every where she turns she thinks that her mother is there, ready to hurt her. She is so sleep deprived that she's about to fall asleep but she tries to because she doesn't want to have nightmares. Let alone seeing her own mother in them.

"Nope." She says as she's reading a book for one of her classes. She may be smart like her Dad but there are a couple things that are different from the two. She doesn't have the eidetic memory like him, she can't read 20k words per minute, but 900 words a minute.

Spencer just takes a minute of watching her being completely focused of doing her homework, he smiles as her eyes gaze down her book to find the part that she was looking for. He smiles lovingly at her stuffed animal that's on her lap. He remembered the day that he had gotten that for her. It's one of the few things that her mother hadn't taken away from her. 

"What the assignment?" He asks her smiling.

"Romeo and Juliet. Which is the dumbest thing ever. Girl falls in love with boy, while their families are sworn enemies, then bam he does and she thinks it's the brightest idea and she kills herself so she can be with Romeo." Sydney says making him snicker at what she said as he couldn't help but agree with her. 

"I mean, some of that is right, but I'm not gonna give you a hard time."

"Thank God."

"Hey, that was slightly offensive."

"Save your breath." She mutters under her breath as he is just being amused by all of this actually. He sees a different side of her, a side that not a whole lot of people have seen. It's on most rare occasions, where she's like this sarcastic and witty. 

Outside of her being witty and sarcastic, it's almost the opposite as she doesn't really talk a whole lot. She's anti-social, reserved, soft spoken and a quiet person in general. She also has a collection of books that she has drawn in, some of them are her visions of a perfect family. Not one of them has her real mother, Cat Adams.